Edwin Encarnacion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edwin Encarnacion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Edwin Encarnacion

Postby Field » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:36 pm

For some reason I am unusually high on him this year. I have a good feeling about him having a very good chance to breakout. When you look at his second half numbers, nothing really stands out in a wow sort of way, but it was just really solid:

AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB HBP SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
246 34 76 14 0 10 40 13 7 36 4 1 .309 .360 .488 .848

He doesn't really seem to be getting any sort of buzz which I find kind of surprising.....Plus, he doesn't walk a whole lot so Dusty will certainly be in his corner ;-7 :-b .
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Edwin Encarnacion

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:39 pm

I ended up w/ him and Zimmerman at our auction and sort of was thinking 'no big deal, I'm punting 3B' but I also am hoping for some breakout action really from both of them but I can see that Encarnacion could be set, if he can keep his yap shut and stay out of Dusty's doghouse. *crossing fingers* :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby hanram33 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:45 pm

HUGE Breakout for EE coming up this year. I've done quite a bit of research and analysation on this kid, and he's going to bust out. I have him in 1 of my leagues, and I'm trying hard to get him on my keeper league team(current 3B is Lowell).

Here's my projections for him this year:

Pessimistic: .276/17HR/69RBI/75R/2 SB
Average: .292/24HR/86RBI/85R/8SB
Optimistic: .306/32HR/108RBI/102R/12SB

Yea, I believe in the power. Cincy ball park+improved flyball rates = HR increase. He always was able to hit for average, and the RBI/R will come. And he's actually a good bet to steal double digit bases since he plays for Dusty.
hanram33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:16 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I ended up w/ him and Zimmerman at our auction and sort of was thinking 'no big deal, I'm punting 3B' but I also am hoping for some breakout action really from both of them but I can see that Encarnacion could be set, if he can keep his yap shut and stay out of Dusty's doghouse. *crossing fingers* :-D

How can you punt 3B when you have Zimmerman and EE? :-? Zimmerman is a top-ish 3B.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:39 pm

BigLebowski wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:I ended up w/ him and Zimmerman at our auction and sort of was thinking 'no big deal, I'm punting 3B' but I also am hoping for some breakout action really from both of them but I can see that Encarnacion could be set, if he can keep his yap shut and stay out of Dusty's doghouse. *crossing fingers* :-D

How can you punt 3B when you have Zimmerman and EE? :-? Zimmerman is a top-ish 3B.

I am trying to be *very* pessimistic. I don't quite put Zimmerman in the top-ish b/c 24 HR don't quite make me drool from a CI (w/ 653 AB too...), although in terms of the 3B crop, I can't complain too much. If both of them break out in some manner (*crossing fingers*) it will be challenging to fit them into lineups but that's the kind of challenge I would like to face!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby makewayhomer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:36 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:

I am trying to be *very* pessimistic. I don't quite put Zimmerman in the top-ish b/c 24 HR don't quite make me drool from a CI (w/ 653 AB too...), although in terms of the 3B crop, I can't complain too much. If both of them break out in some manner (*crossing fingers*) it will be challenging to fit them into lineups but that's the kind of challenge I would like to face!!

Marc Normandin from BP thinks you have 2 of the top 11 3b
makewayhomer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:20 pm

I got Zimmerman with 70 and EE with 209 this morning in my keeper. Couldn't be happier with those picks. Everyone had their 3B filled (we use CI also) and EE just kept falling.

EE played well even though he was jerked around in 07. He's prone to some deep slumps but still has a pretty potent stick. He's only 25 so there is still a chance that he busts out.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby IllinoisBandit » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Field wrote:He doesn't really seem to be getting any sort of buzz which I find kind of surprising.....Plus, he doesn't walk a whole lot so Dusty will certainly be in his corner ;-7 :-b .

He's had a HORRIBLE spring. I've heard reports of him looking "lost" at the plate.

.270/15/85 is my prediction.
Not worthless in mixed 12 leagues, but pretty close.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:36 pm

makewayhomer wrote:Marc Normandin from BP thinks you have 2 of the top 11 3b

12 team league though, and neither are in the top 50% I'd think, maybe 3rd tier if they meet their projections? :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers