Define Clutch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Define Clutch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arlo » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:45 am

HOOTIE wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:I know he plays a different sport but Tom Brady is clutch

Didn't he throw a interception on the 10 yard line? We are only talking bb, since that where the studies were done.

Interesting point - why aren't there nearly as many similar studies in other sports? Is it simply that the baseball mentality has always incorporated statistics, or does the greater noise in more fluid - and therefore random - sports set a limit on the value of statistical interpretation?

(And count me in for Cafe bowling night!)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:52 am

Arlo wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:I know he plays a different sport but Tom Brady is clutch

Didn't he throw a interception on the 10 yard line? We are only talking bb, since that where the studies were done.

Interesting point - why aren't there nearly as many similar studies in other sports? Is it simply that the baseball mentality has always incorporated statistics, or does the greater noise in more fluid - and therefore random - sports set a limit on the value of statistical interpretation?

(And count me in for Cafe bowling night!)

How about we let this topic die? I'm sure that we can resurrect it after Sheff goes 1 for 30 against the Jays in the post season, then BY Kim blows 3 saves against the Jays in the ALCS and finally Josh Phelps hits a slam off of Borowski to bring the championship back north again.

As for Cafe bowling night - the Don Mills Bowlerama, down the street from me here in Toronto serves poutine! If you've never had it before, it is well worth the trip. Poutine is french fries with cheese curds and hot gravy! yum! Perfect bowling fare. Come one come all.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:04 am

ajgdrummer7 wrote:Other than that I'm through arguing about clutch. Trans proved me wrong which he was trying to do and I accept that. Credit to Trans.

You're a big man, AJ. I just saw this. Props to you for admitting that; I'm sure it's not easy as your a Yankees fan. Props. ;-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:10 am

Madison wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:btw - Madison - do you still bowl for fun or is it like hookers and sex (or gynecologists and...oh you get the picture) where it has become work and not fun anymore?

When it comes to my own bowling, no, it's not really fun anymore. I do a few things to keep perspective though. I donate time to work with youth bowlers and help them learn the game. The physical and mental aspects as well as the equipment, lane conditions, etc. I take my 5 year old son bowling and enjoy the purity of the sport. Back when just hitting the pins was good. It's things like that where I get my enjoyment from. When I lace up my shoes, it's all about going to work. Doesn't matter if it's practice, league, or a tournament, it's all about being the best I can be and earning a living.

I bowled last night Mad, and my best game was a 118--I was loaded, but I seemed to bowl better. You should have seen my bad games. ;-)
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers