Question about league types - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Question about league types

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question about league types

Postby johnnie2130 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:35 pm

What's the difference in these league types?

Roterssie
Points only
Head-to head

I'm a newbie trying to learn. Thanks!
johnnie2130
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikcou » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:40 pm

Head to Head is when you play against another team for a week and standings are kept by what categories you win.
ex: I win 6 of the 10 categories against the team I was playing for a week my record would be 6-4
Points is when each category is given an amount number of points and for each hit, run, hr etc. gives you that many points.
ex: if a hit=1 pt then you would get 5 points for 5 hits
Rotisserie is when you are ranked from where you are in the various categories. It is scored from 1 - amount of teams in the league. If you are first in a categorie then you get 12 points in a 12 team league
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:56 pm

To define categories they are statistics. In general leagues are 5x5 (this means 5 hitting categories and 5 pitching categories), but you can choose to have as many categories as you want. In a 5x5 the categories are:
Hitting- R HR RBI SB AVG
Pitching- W SV K ERA WHIP

In Roto you try to have the best numbers in categories for the entire season. If you are first in a category in a 12 team league you get 12 pts, 2nd 11 pts, 3rd 10 pts...12th 1 pt. The team with the most total points for all the categories wins.

In H2H you try to beat your one opponent (one other team) for that week by winning more categories than he does. You face a different team each week and it only matters how you do against that team for that week. In H2H there are playoffs to determine the winner.

In Points you are awarded points for everything your starting players do. The team with the most total points at the end of the year wins. From my experience power hitters and great starting pitching win you points leagues, beacause a solo HR can be worth 6 points (1 pt for a Hit, 3 for the extra bases of the HR, 1 for the RBI and 1 for a Run scored). The amount of points awarded is also changable as you can change the categories in Roto or H2H leagues.

hope this helps
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers