Return to Contests and Showing Off

My very first sig.

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Re: My very first sig(s)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:04 pm

abrage22 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
abrage22 wrote:does this one look better:

yes that one is better. your text is too complicated. there are a few techniques in which you can make your text look better, but again, i stress to go as simple as possible. you still need to work on your opacity/fill (transparent levels) and then start working on lighting and blending. i do see improvements though. did you cut that wright yourself?

yes i cut him myself, same as the statue of libert which was a pain in the butt!

they both look MUCH better ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My very first sig.

Postby abrage22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:12 am

Heres another one: Just tell me when its time too stop putting these on if it gets annoying :-o :::

I couldn't figure out what to do with font, it took me forever and it still looks like crap. i think this might be good enough to wear 8-o
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:44 am

abrage22 wrote:Heres another one: Just tell me when its time too stop putting these on if it gets annoying :-o :::

I couldn't figure out what to do with font, it took me forever and it still looks like crap. i think this might be good enough to wear 8-o

text looks better than it did before but i think you took a step back in terms of cutting. still looks sloppy. whats up with the pic on the left? looks black and white, while the rest of the sig isnt?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
abrage22 wrote:Heres another one: Just tell me when its time too stop putting these on if it gets annoying :-o :::

text looks better than it did before but i think you took a step back in terms of cutting. still looks sloppy. whats up with the pic on the left? looks black and white, while the rest of the sig isnt?

Morneau looks black and white???

Heres one i put together in just like 20 min so its not that good

abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:27 pm

abrage22 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Morneau looks black and white???

Heres one i put together in just like 20 min so its not that good

actually they both looked like they were missing color. not black and white, but most a lot of their color gone.

this arod one is better, but now you need work on making arod pop out a little bit more. also with your bg's, they all seem to be very abstract, try working it some real life pictures or maybe just a big stock picture.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby abrage22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:30 pm

this arod one is better, but now you need work on making arod pop out a little bit more. also with your bg's, they all seem to be very abstract, try working it some real life pictures or maybe just a big stock picture.

Yeah i've been looking for some pictures like that, but i can't find anything good, like crowds and stadiums stuff like that
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby abrage22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:36 pm

nice snakes, i noticed u have 10,000+ posts now 8-o ;-D

^10^
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby abrage22 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:05 pm

just wondering what u guys think.
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:21 am

abrage22 wrote:Image

ok i think you have the "basics" down somewhat. you now need to make it look better than just sitting 2 pics on top of the background ;-D

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby abrage22 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
abrage22 wrote:Image

ok i think you have the "basics" down somewhat. you now need to make it look better than just sitting 2 pics on top of the background ;-D

yeah im trying so hard to look for tutorials on different stuff, but alls i can find is the basics, and stuff i pretty much already know. what are some features u use to make ur sigs so it "looks better than just sitting pics on top of the backround"????? i try blending mode stuff, but it just doesn't seem to work out idk
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off