My very first sig. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

My very first sig.

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

My very first sig.

Postby abrage22 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:13 pm

EDIT: I really don't know why i posted those, pretty embarrising stuff.
Last edited by abrage22 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My very first sig.

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:36 pm

abrage22 wrote:This is just a sig using what i know, which is basiclly copying and pasting :-B :

i don't know how to do any fancy backround stuff yet, and i couldn't figure out how to change fonts other than size color and font.
Hows it for a first?

Just did another one:

once again nothing fancy yet

not terrible for first sigs. you have to work on the cutting for sure. the white patches around the cut outs wont cut it, but they arent terrible. im curious as to why the quality of reyes looks so bad. you arent resizing the image 100 times are you? if the pic is pic, lowering one time shouldnt make him look that bad. text is always very very hard so try to go as simple as possible. a teal JOSE REYES text isnt a good idea, nor is a yellow or green bg. go with the colors already in the sig. blue, orange, white, black etc...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby abrage22 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
abrage22 wrote:This is just a sig using what i know, which is basiclly copying and pasting :-B :

i don't know how to do any fancy backround stuff yet, and i couldn't figure out how to change fonts other than size color and font.
Hows it for a first?

Just did another one:

not terrible for first sigs. you have to work on the cutting for sure. the white patches around the cut outs wont cut it, but they arent terrible. im curious as to why the quality of reyes looks so bad. you arent resizing the image 100 times are you? if the pic is pic, lowering one time shouldnt make him look that bad. text is always very very hard so try to go as simple as possible. a teal JOSE REYES text isnt a good idea, nor is a yellow or green bg. go with the colors already in the sig. blue, orange, white, black etc...

thanks.
I know my cutting 8-o :-P .
Well for the players i had to resize the pics smaller in a different software and copy it on, which made it look bad, i don't know how to make the pics smaller in GIMP if u can.
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:24 pm

you most definitely can. im not sure the actual step by step guidelines since i dont have gimp, but there should be a tab labled "image" then resize image.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fezzik » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:you most definitely can. im not sure the actual step by step guidelines since i dont have gimp, but there should be a tab labled "image" then resize image.

Yeah...I just used Gimp to creat my first sig (see below :-b )...to resize it go to "Image" and then "Scale Image"...at least that's what I did. I found that if you create a "path" it's much cleaner when you are trying to cut a guy out of an existing image. To create a "path" just go to "Tools" and select "Paths"...you can always google search on how to do something like that...I know this helped me:

http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/courses/2005-March/001821.html

Good luck...I know I need it too. ;-D

I knew Holliday was on all my fantasy teams this year, and I found this really pretty picture of The Rocky Mountains...and I thought. I'm going to try to make a sig. Thanks to acsguitar since without his sticky "how to" I would never had known of Gimp or where to begin when creating a sig. ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby abrage22 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:02 pm

fezzik wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:you most definitely can. im not sure the actual step by step guidelines since i dont have gimp, but there should be a tab labled "image" then resize image.

Yeah...I just used Gimp to creat my first sig (see below :-b )...to resize it go to "Image" and then "Scale Image"...at least that's what I did. I found that if you create a "path" it's much cleaner when you are trying to cut a guy out of an existing image. To create a "path" just go to "Tools" and select "Paths"...you can always google search on how to do something like that...I know this helped me:

http://mailman.linuxchix.org/pipermail/courses/2005-March/001821.html

Good luck...I know I need it too. ;-D

I knew Holliday was on all my fantasy teams this year, and I found this really pretty picture of The Rocky Mountains...and I thought. I'm going to try to make a sig. Thanks to acsguitar since without his sticky "how to" I would never had known of Gimp or where to begin when creating a sig. ;-D

hey thanks for that site, it was very informational.
Good luck with your sigs ;-D . i know i also need it !+) ... :-D :-D
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:24 am

Hows it for a first?

Just did another one:

Abrage pal... Nice first attempts but you need to improve your cutting and work on the background to make your sigs interesting, fonts, color combination (among other things).

BTW, i think you stole the pic of Reyes in my sig! Either that or you are a copycat! haaah!
:-D :-b ;-) I kid, i kid!
madaslives911
Football Scribe
Football Scribe

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby abrage22 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:34 am

madaslives911 wrote:

Hows it for a first?

Just did another one:

Abrage pal... Nice first attempts but you need to improve your cutting and work on the background to make your sigs interesting, fonts, color combination (among other things).

BTW, i think you stole the pic of Reyes in my sig! Either that or you are a copycat! haaah!
:-D :-b ;-) I kid, i kid!

haha i could have swore i saw that pic some where :-? . sorry didn't mean to copy :-o
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby abrage22 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:40 am

in GIMP how do you get brushes? like i know it comes with regular old brushes, but, just w/e do you know what im talking about???
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:41 am

abrage22 wrote:in GIMP how do you get brushes? like i know it comes with regular old brushes, but, just w/e do you know what im talking about???

id stay away from brushes. usually people dont use them right and overdo them. you can make sigs without brushes for sure...keep working on the basics.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off