What to make of the MIL rotation? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to make of the MIL rotation?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to make of the MIL rotation?

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:18 pm

So we know three spots are set.

1. Sheets
2. Suppan'
3. Gallardo

And we know there are/were five guys vying for the last two spots. Any insight on who the leading candidates are?

Capuano has elbow pain, Parra looked great up until tonight, Bush has been so-so, Villanueva has been solid & Vargas has probably been the most impressive.

Any insights on the last two spots?
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to make of the MIL rotation?

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:25 pm

Vargas will most likely make it at least until Gallardo is back because he is out of options. The injury probably kills Capuano's chances. I really think Parra will be sent down because of the bad outing tonight, he is already an innings limit concern and it is much easier to limit innings in the minors. That leaves Bush and Villanueva in the rotation to start the year. The weakest of Vargas, Bush, Villanueva will lose his job when Gallardo comes back.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BJSFAN123 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:44 pm

Parra will likely start in AAA, since Yost stated that he won't be pitching out of the pen..so he is either making the rotation or starting off in AAA.

I think it will start off with this until Gallardo comes back...

1. Sheets
2. Suppan
3. Villanueva
4. Bush
5. Vargas

I have Villanueva stashed...so I'm hoping he can surprise me.

By the end of the season, I think the rotation will be

1. Sheets
2. Gallardo
3. Suppan
4. Villanueva
5. Parra

Capuano may make it in, but I think he's going to be just as bad as he was last season.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:46 pm

I'm glad this post was made, I've been curious about it myself.

Ender, how is Sheets' health & performance been this spring? I always liked him but put him on my "Avoid" list last year because of all the injuries. Do you think he'll make it to 160 innings this year?

Milwaukee fans must be frustrated to have 'em trottin' guys like Suppan, Bush & Capuano out there when they have Parra & Villanueva - I know the Brewers aren't setting their rotation based on the wishes of fantasy baseball fans but still you'd think the team might have a better chance to go far with the better arms. Then again maybe they're afraid to go too young or feel like they're rushing Parra into the rotation before he's ready.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:01 am

Sheets injury last year was just a fluke jammed finger thing, I really am not all that worried about his health other than the fact he is a power pitcher and they are all risky.

He hasn't looked all that great so far this spring but he has been really working on his change up which is his weakest pitch. I still worry that his K were down and his BB up last year and his control simply isnt' as sharp as it used to be. I'm more worried that he turns into a #2 starter than I am he gets injured. When you combine the risks I think the 8th-9th round(in a 14 team league) where he is going is appropriate.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BJSFAN123 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Looks like Bush and Villanueva both had good outings today?

Should be hard to keep Villanueva out of the rotation with the way he has been pitching this Spring.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers