Rumor. Crede to Dodgers for Either - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rumor. Crede to Dodgers for Either

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rumor. Crede to Dodgers for Either

Postby Eagle Baseball » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:19 pm

This is purely a rumor that is being discussed on Chicago Sports radio (WSCR 670) that with Nomar out with a broken hand (haven't heard he broke his hand anywhere else) the Dodgers and Sox are talking trade that would be Crede for Either + minor prospect. That would seem to help both teams by clearing up LA outfield and Sox 3B.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rumor. Crede to Dodgers for Either

Postby JimmyBaseball » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:28 pm

This would be very good for those of us (me) who have already drafted Josh Fields.
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Why the heck do the Sox need another OF? They have Dye, Quentin, Ramirez, Anderson, Owens, Swisher...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Isnt their a logjam at OF for CWS? Would this keep Ethiers value the same?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:31 pm

yes, this would be good for those of us w/ Josh Fields. I heard the trade was because Nomar broke his hand so LAD needs 3Bman.

Yoda wrote:Why the heck do the Sox need another OF? They have Dye, Quentin, Ramirez, Anderson, Owens, Swisher...

Yeah... Well, Alexei should be in the infield, but there still will be some PT decisions to be made...
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jcde7ago » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Somebody has to say it...

IT'S ETHIER!!!!

and i hate the Dodgers 8-o
12-Team Yahoo! H2H Keeper League - 3-Sport Dynasty - Year 4 - Jonny D's Team
Keepers: Albert Pujols/Jose Reyes/Ryan Braun/Grady Sizemore/Evan Longoria/Tim Lincecum = SWEET!

#25 - Barry Bonds - 73, 762
jcde7ago
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Yoda wrote:Why the heck do the Sox need another OF? They have Dye, Quentin, Ramirez, Anderson, Owens, Swisher...

I'm guessing they could flip Ethier for more than their best offer for Crede which last I heard was Dave Roberts.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby JimmyBaseball » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:

I'm guessing they could flip Ethier for more than their best offer for Crede which last I heard was Dave Roberts.

I would imagine they really want Fields at 3rd this year. I would also imagine they can't get annything for Crede...a Boris client who is very unlikely to sign an extension with any team he is traded to.
"When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story."

~Bob Gibson
JimmyBaseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby xeifrank » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Sorry, the Dodgers aren't trading Ethier for Crede. Nope, no way! They have Abreu and DeWitt to play 3B until Nomar and then LaRoche come back. Niether Nomar or LaRoche are out for that long of a time. On top of that there will be plenty of players cut as spring training ends. If it's a warm body the Dodgers need they can easily find one. If not, Abreu and DeWitt will just have to suffice for 3 or 4 weeks. Or if they do trade for a third baseman it won't be Ethier that gets moved.

vr, Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:56 pm

xeifrank wrote:Sorry, the Dodgers aren't trading Ethier for Crede. Nope, no way! They have Abreu and DeWitt to play 3B until Nomar and then LaRoche come back. Niether Nomar or LaRoche are out for that long of a time. On top of that there will be plenty of players cut as spring training ends. If it's a warm body the Dodgers need they can easily find one. If not, Abreu and DeWitt will just have to suffice for 3 or 4 weeks. Or if they do trade for a third baseman it won't be Ethier that gets moved.

vr, Xeifrank

You forgot Delwyn Young as getting some possible time at the hot corner, but yes, Tony Abreu could be a busy utility man this year if we don't land Crede. By trading for Crede, we could have yet another possible logjam at 3B in the future with Andy Laroche returning in a few months.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers