MVP Mods - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

MVP Mods

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MVP Mods

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:10 pm

Ok, I'm trying to learn how to this MVP Mod stuff to update the game. I've got MVP 2005 installed on my laptop. I'm interested mainly in updating the rosters to 2008, but I wouldn't mind also updating the player models (faces of guys like Wang, Joba, etc. so they don't look generic), uniforms (new Tampa, Arizona, etc. uniforms) and schedule (so it's set in 2008 and not 2005).

How do I do this?

I can find files and stuff on MVPMods.com and EAMods.com, but I don't have a clue as to how to use them. Once I download these files....then what? Most of them are .RAR files, and I have no idea what those are. I read something about converting to .ISO files or something, but I'm really lost as to what I need to do.

Another question:
Is there a 2008 Roster update that will still allow me to edit the rosters myself? I got one download to work on the game, but I can't edit any player attributes in the game, or it crashes. Is there any patch that will simply update the rosters, but not prevent me from continuing to edit them on my own?

So basically, my questions are:
1.) Is there a 2008 roster update similar to the one described above?
2.) If yes, where is it? If not, what is the best 2008 roster update that you've come across?
3.) Once I download the file from MVPMods, what do I do? How do I get it into the game?

Thanks to anyone who can help me on this.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MVP Mods

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:51 pm

I just installed the MVP 07 complete update, which pretty much changes the entire game...found here:
http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3771.html

I started the game up and it looks great. Then I tried to play a game and it crashes. I can do whatever I want at the menus, music plays, looks great. At the loading screen for the actual game, though, it crashes.

I uninstalled the entire thing and re-installed the simple MVP '05 game from my CDs, but it still does it (even without the upgrade.) Now I'm getting frustrated. Now I can't even play the original game.

What could have happened? Where are the actual gameplay files located? Can I check to see if something is missing? Ahhhhhhhh. :-C
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Re: MVP Mods

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:21 am

i would pm acsguitar. im pretty sure he does this stuff.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Video Games