Miguel Cabrera Projections - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Cabrera Projections

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannahann » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:59 pm

I maintain an "average projections" spreadsheet throughout the spring and here's what my composite sources say to date:
543 AB/ .279 avg / .821 OPS/ 22 HR/ 77 Run/ 91 RBI/ 3 SB
Personally I have him higher than the source average. I can see him besting 25 HR and 100 RBI with an average in the .290's
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 223)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby not very good » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:13 pm

he doesn't have the same ppl around him to hit in or be hit in by
not very good

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:31 pm

JerseyJokes wrote:.315 22 89
there offense won't be anywhere near as good, without the protection or baserunners the rbi's won't be there to be had...

protection???he drove in 62 last year hitting fromt he 8 hole for the most part. his year he is hitting 3rd. I'd say lowell is better protection than the pitcher...adn I'd say Pierre and Castilla have a better chance to be on base than Encarnacion and Gonzalez

100rbis is a lock

Postby reelbiggecko » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:14 pm

And they won't walk him, not with Mike Lowell standing on deck...
reelbiggecko
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shortsavage » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:21 pm

dannahann wrote:I maintain an "average projections" spreadsheet throughout the spring and here's what my composite sources say to date:
Personally I have him higher than the source average. I can see him besting 25 HR and 100 RBI with an average in the .290's

Which sources do you compile? How many factor into your line for Cabrera? Do you inlude yourself as a souce :-D? I'm just curious.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:23 am

not very good wrote:he doesn't have the same ppl around him to hit in or be hit in by

Too many people worry about protection and such. Cabrera will bat 3rd, giving him more abs, and chances, then he had last year. He will have to bomb to not get 90 rbis. People forget that even on 700 run teams, there's 700 runs and about 650 rbis to be had. Pierre and Castillo are still 1-2, Lowell 4th.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 303)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby dannahann » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:21 am

shortsavage wrote:
dannahann wrote:I maintain an "average projections" spreadsheet throughout the spring and here's what my composite sources say to date:

Which sources do you compile? How many factor into your line for Cabrera? Do you inlude yourself as a souce :-D? I'm just curious.

Thus far I have 7 full sources and a couple partial ones. I think last year I had 10 or so and a couple old ones I eventually threw out. Just like last year, I normally hear they have projections up, right on this very forum ;-D Maybe once or twice a week I add any new stuff or updates to the stuff I have.

So I don't bias the results, I keep my own projections out of it. I just want to know what the consensus is. As for particular sources, most are the usual (free) suspects. Rototimes (which is identical to USA Today BTW), Rotochamp, fsru, the data files from xiefrank's excellent program, Zips, and TSN (when they were running their free 3 day trial peek) I did scan projections from the one magazine I buy as well. I'm not sure if it's cool to name names on the paid for sources? The two partial sources are drafthelps projected stat leaders and Poulliot's partial position breakdowns on rotoworld (thus far about 15 each of C, 1B, 2B and 3B)

If I knew how to upload tables I considered posting the "average projections" in the Cafe. (something similar to the excellent compilation of rankings done here a few weeks back?) Was thinking I could update it periodically and was even considering the possibility of including any "premium" sources members might email me? Im sure their liscensing agreements might be an issue so i would definately NOT name those premium sources here.

A good idea?? Altho I don't often post, I get so much from this board, it'd be something I could give back?? One thing to realise about a compilation like this. Any real "outside the box" insight from any one given source will be watered down, but then again you get a "safe" guesstimate to use as you see fit .
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 223)

Miguel Cabrera Projections

Postby Bengal New » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:36 am

I have him BA .277 HR 26 RBI 92 R 84 SB 1
Bengal New

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:16 pm

BA: .290
HR: 27
RBI: 100
R: 90
SB: 5

Assuming that the projected lineup remains with Cabrera at number 3 between Lowell and with the two speedy guys in front, I think he should be in a great situation.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers