Could I have a better infield in a 14-teamer??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Could I have a better infield in a 14-teamer???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Could I have a better infield in a 14-teamer???

Postby NittanyLions1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:17 pm

14-team head-to-head points league (keep 4). Everything including holds and quality starts is counted. Made some free agent moves and here is my new team...I think I may have the best offense in the league but I am still worried about my pitching...even though they do all have good K potential (except Lyon I guess) which is something I think works big time in head-to-head leagues. Good thing is Kennedy just got named as the #5 and I also have some sweet DL players and minor leaguers who could help me down the road....What do you guys think?? THANKS AND WHIR

C-Martin
1B-Fielder
2B-Kinsler
SS-Ramirez
3B-Cabrera
OF(start 4)-Hart, Hamilton, JUpton, Buck
U(start 3)-Escobar, Reynolds, Kubel
P(start 14)-Maine, Billingsley, Bonderman, McGowan, Kennedy, FMorales, Bonser, Wolf, Floyd, Bergmann, Germano, Gagne, Lyon, Soria

Bench(8)-Diaz, Gutierrez, Headley, Rasmus, Alexei Ramirez, JBaker, EAybar, Shealy
DL-Schilling, Josh Johnson, Anibel Sanchez
Minors-Clayton Kershaw, Gio Gonzalez
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Could I have a better infield in a 14-teamer???

Postby daman316 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Your offense is very good
But you lack an ace, or even a #2 pitcher
You'll be relying on breakouts from Morales, McGowan, and Kennedy
While relying on Billingsley to stay healthy, and personally I still don't like Maine
Kershaw and Gonzalez could help you at the end of the year though
I'd imagine your SP depth is low in this league, but I also imagine you have some of the worst. If possible I'd pick up guys like Cueto, Volquez, and drop Bonser, Wolf, Germano, but I'll bet those players are already taken.
daman316
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Could I have a better infield in a 14-teamer???

Postby NittanyLions1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:01 pm

daman316 wrote:Your offense is very good
But you lack an ace, or even a #2 pitcher
You'll be relying on breakouts from Morales, McGowan, and Kennedy
While relying on Billingsley to stay healthy, and personally I still don't like Maine
Kershaw and Gonzalez could help you at the end of the year though
I'd imagine your SP depth is low in this league, but I also imagine you have some of the worst. If possible I'd pick up guys like Cueto, Volquez, and drop Bonser, Wolf, Germano, but I'll bet those players are already taken.

Yeah, they were drafted fairly early...around when I was taking Morales. You are right though...I am relying on breakouts from Morales and Kennedy. I do think Kennedy will no doubt...he had a ton of innings last year so thats no worry...in fact if I was the Yanks I would move Hughes to #5 and keep his innings down but thats just me. I think McGowan actually qualifies as a very good consistent pitcher based on last year...he was going deep into games almost every start. I wish I had an ace but unfortunately the last ones...F Hernandez, Kazmir, and Oswalt, etc. all went in the first round this year (we kept 3 so most were kept). I had Kazmir and Sheets last year but I wasnt about to drop Hanley, Prince, or Miguel so... Would you try to trade for Cueto, Volquez? Who would I have to give up for them?
Oh and Bonser/Wolf could actually be gold if they pitch to their potential considering our depth is very low with 14 teams x 14 pitchers...I mean the entire Orioles and A's starting staffs are owned!
THANKS for the input
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team