Roto Leagues In Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roto Leagues In Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Roto Leagues In Yahoo

Postby fezzik » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:44 am

horatio wrote:I don't know fezz, I'm almost positive a few of those happened when the guy never even put his cleats on the field.

Quite possible...I'm just glad I didn't have to experience that during the season and I'm sorry you did. I'll make sure I don't draft guys who platoon in roto. :-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Buster Douglas » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:57 am

silverZ wrote:
Woolly the Mammoth wrote:yep.

swing and a miss.

lol
Buster Douglas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 am

NL teams will double switch late in a game and put a guy into the game without getting an AB a lot. Not just defensive replacement type guys either.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby daniel80111 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:12 pm

My question is how do you ever go over the 162 games played limit??
daniel80111
College Coach
College Coach

Postby horatio » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:24 pm

"My question is how do you ever go over the 162 games played limit??"

---- Well, with careful planning on the last day of the season make sure you've got 1 game left for your outfield and play 3 OFers, you'll get points for all 3 of them I believe.

Same goes with pitching, if you've got 1 inning left on the last day you can make a last ditch effort to boost some pitching stats because you'll get credit for every pitcher in there - I'm pretty sure.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:27 pm

horatio wrote:"My question is how do you ever go over the 162 games played limit??"

---- Well, with careful planning on the last day of the season make sure you've got 1 game left for your outfield and play 3 OFers, you'll get points for all 3 of them I believe.

Same goes with pitching, if you've got 1 inning left on the last day you can make a last ditch effort to boost some pitching stats because you'll get credit for every pitcher in there - I'm pretty sure.

That's correct. You can search around here and find one of the times I've explained why, but the short answer is: it is difficult/impossible for us to figure out which 1 of 3 outfielder's games to give you in such a situation. So we at least make it predictable and consistent across all managers.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)

Postby daniel80111 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:36 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
horatio wrote:"My question is how do you ever go over the 162 games played limit??"

That's correct. You can search around here and find one of the times I've explained why, but the short answer is: it is difficult/impossible for us to figure out which 1 of 3 outfielder's games to give you in such a situation. So we at least make it predictable and consistent across all managers.

So just for the 162 game limit, if I am playing say Ryan Howard at 1B and I am putting in Alex Gordon at 1B whenever Howard is not playing, I am going to use up those 1B spots really soon and not get all of Ryan Howard's stats for the season unless I play him at my util spot??

Also, for the 1 game and 1 inning left strategy, do the OFers and pitchers have to be playing at the same time. I ask this because if I have 1 game left and one of my OFers plays at 1pm while the others at 6pm wouldnt they just count the 1pm game?? Thanks a lot for the help guys!!
daniel80111
College Coach
College Coach

Postby horatio » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:04 pm

So just for the 162 game limit, if I am playing say Ryan Howard at 1B and I am putting in Alex Gordon at 1B whenever Howard is not playing, I am going to use up those 1B spots really soon and not get all of Ryan Howard's stats for the season unless I play him at my util spot??

Also, for the 1 game and 1 inning left strategy, do the OFers and pitchers have to be playing at the same time. I ask this because if I have 1 game left and one of my OFers plays at 1pm while the others at 6pm wouldnt they just count the 1pm game??

---- I don't think so, I believe it's a daily thing so the time doesn't factor into the equation, I was curious about that last which was the 1st year I played roto but I got credit for all the stats.

As for your first question, you're absolutely right, the first year I played a H2H league and expected "utility knife" players to be fairly valuable, aka Ty Wigginton, but with the 162 game limit I soon realized it was stupid to stick Wigginton into the 1b or 3b slot when Atkins or Berkman had the day off since I was wasting a game on a guy who was statistically less likely to give me a favorable result.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers