Most Annoying Announcers Ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Most Annoying Announcers Ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Most Annoying Announcers Ever

Postby BJSFAN123 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:42 pm

acsguitar wrote:
BJSFAN123 wrote:The White Sox announcers easily, "YOu cannn put it on the board!!"

They just did that right now. Thome hit a HR against the rockies Single A pitcher or something and I thought they were going to jump out of the booth in excitement. I'm like dude its spring training and this guy isn't ever going to make the bigs

After every HR, the one guy goes "You cannnn put it on the board!" and then they both scream "YES!"

Very very very annoying
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 197)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby neoforce » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Cubs radio, Ron Santo.

I'm sure he is a big hit to the cubbie fans and I understand how local fans love local broadcasters to be homers, I'm the same way for my team, who I would listen to on the radio.

But now I listen to lots of NL games that are for local radio broadcast but also available via MLB's internet audio service. (A great deal, $15 for the entire year, every game included, no blackouts.)

Ron Santo taught me how annoying those broadcasting homers can be when you are listening to just enjoy the game and track your fantasy players, but aren't a fan of the team.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:18 pm

I love Ron Santo to death, but he is a terrible announcer. Listening to him is torture for a Cubs fan - he's a Cubs Legend, he has all the respect in the world from Cubby fans, but the guy is almost a worse homer than those abominations from the South Side.

And speaking of the South Side, this list starts and ends with the White Sox announcers. My God those two are horrendous. As Sox fans, I don't understand how you can tolerate them. They make me want to claw out my eardrums, and I listen to five minutes of their schtick in a year, total.

Some guys have mentioned Joe Buck, Joe Morgan and Jon Miller and said they aren't good but their voices are good to listen to. I agree with this. I really like Joe Buck, just because he's got a great voice. Same with Morgan and Miller. Yeah, they've got faults, but their voices make up for it.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:20 pm

I don't bother w/ Santo any more either. I have an AM radio and used to listen to it occasionally but his rambling is a bit too much most of the time. I like Len and Bob a lot and can listen to them all day.

I have to agree that the Chisox announcers are amazingly horrible. It is almost like they are trying to be cheezy. I am very jealous that they landed Steve Stone to call their games on the radio. I suspect that he will work his way into the TV thing quickly.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby HydoBomb25 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:26 pm

The worst without question is Jamie Campbell, he knows nothing about baseball, i gurantee he didn't play baseball as he was growing up, let alone playing it at a high level. it's too the point that i watch games on mute, trust me he is the worst...
HydoBomb25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:28 pm

You know those every once in awhile moments that a network wants to prove that it's listening to its viewers? You know when they show that half an inning in baseball or that one series in football with no commentary from the announcers?

Those are the best moments in sports tv for me. Just hearing the crack of a bat or a line hitting another line without all that other noise. That is why nothing beats a ticket.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby trey3kt » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:34 pm

What are the names of the two White Sox announcers and what is their history? Do they have any baseball credentials? I am not from Chicago nor do i like the sox, but i think their pretty comical.

"Cmon Paulie"

I will also like to add that Michael Kay is quite annoying

"Looking up, at the track at the wall, ssssseeeeee yyyaaaaa. A home run by Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees lead 2-1"
trey3kt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby trey3kt » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:36 pm

What is the name of the guy who does the Angels games on TV. He sounds like a young California kid but thats all i know
trey3kt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:01 pm

I really enjoyed the few games I saw Joe Girardi do. He seemed to be on the right wavelength on what he was saying.
I also like Vin Scully. He's like a friendly grandpa talking to himself :-)

The ones I hate?
McCarver & Buck. "MIKE LOWELL HAS 120 RBIs in the regular season." ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh X-I

And a couple of non-baseball ones - the Fox Sports rugby union commentators would have to be the worst of all time in any sport. Any time an Australian player scores a try you get "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" from all three of them at once, but when an opposition player scores you get 60 seconds of "crickets". They are the most biased pieces of _________ I have ever seen.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby MTUCache » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm surprised... no love (or 'hate' in this case) for the Tigers FSN crew of Mario Impemba and Rod Allen??

Granted, they're not nearly as full of themselves as the national Fox guys, and not even a fraction of annoying as the White Sox guys (god I hope they lose 140 games this year, just because of those two)... but Mario and Rod definitely have their moments of ineptitude.

Between Mario knowing next to nothing about sports in general, and Rod's insistence on pretending like he was a good major league player, they have some pretty hilariously bad exchanges.

Add to that the HUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEE drop off those two are after HoFer Ernie Harwell, and it definitely makes me want to turn off the volume and listen to the radio. Unfortunately, that would mean listening to the local broadcast, which is almost as bad, and one of those guys sounds like he just got done sprinting a marathon and then swallowed the microphone. The heavy breathing is enough make my wife want to get a restraining order against the guy. :-b

Time to get XM and listen to all the opponent's broadcasts? %-6
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers