Derrek Lee's dismal Spring - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Derrek Lee's dismal Spring

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Derrek Lee's dismal Spring

Postby Guzman24 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:57 pm

hot4tx wrote:What are we talkin' about here? Spring training?

Spring training???

Spring training? It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about spring training. We're sitting here, and he's supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about spring training. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about spring training, not a regular season game, not a playoff game, not a game, but we're talking about spring training. Not the game that he goes out there and die for and play every game last it's his last but we're talking about spring training man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about spring training. We're talking about spring training man. We're talking about spring training. We're talking about spring training. We're not talking about the season. We're talking about spring training. When you come to the field, and you see him play, you've seen him play right, you've seen him give everything he's got, but we're talking about spring training right now.

Hey I hear you, it's funny to me to, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about spring training man, we're not even talking about the season, when it actually matters, we're talking about spring training.

That is classic :-b
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Guzman24 wrote:I know its "only Spring training" but for a guy who's been trying to find his groove now for the past few seasons these numbers are a little bit disconcerting.

6/40 0HR's .150AVG :-o

Any thoughts on Lee for this year??

Ugh, don't be so nervous. You know how many times pretty much every player has at least 1 streak like this during the regular season?????
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:59 pm

hot4tx wrote:What are we talkin' about here? Spring training?

Spring training???

Spring training? It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about spring training. We're sitting here, and he's supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about spring training. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about spring training, not a regular season game, not a playoff game, not a game, but we're talking about spring training. Not the game that he goes out there and die for and play every game last it's his last but we're talking about spring training man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about spring training. We're talking about spring training man. We're talking about spring training. We're talking about spring training. We're not talking about the season. We're talking about spring training. When you come to the field, and you see him play, you've seen him play right, you've seen him give everything he's got, but we're talking about spring training right now.

Hey I hear you, it's funny to me to, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about spring training man, we're not even talking about the season, when it actually matters, we're talking about spring training.

Niiiice....I was hoping someone would go with the Iverson response. ;-D
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby cwrtlm » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Got D. Lee in the 10th round, and I was ecstatic. I also snagged Konerko in the 12th as a corner player. I think D. Lee will rebound, having a healthy Soriano and ARAM around him all year hopefully will pay huge dividends. I hope you aren't drafting Lee for his homers, but rbi's and average and runs are his thing. He is a doubles machine!! Playing at Wrigley is crazy, maybe the wind will blow out some more this year and those doubles will end up in the net!
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Just stop it.

Seriously.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Guzman24 wrote:I know its "only Spring training" but for a guy who's been trying to find his groove now for the past few seasons these numbers are a little bit disconcerting.

6/40 0HR's .150AVG :-o

Any thoughts on Lee for this year??

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Jury » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Derrek Lee Post-All Star 2007:
In 68 games: 45 R, 78 H, 17 2B, 16 HR, 40 RBI, 32 BB, 51 K, .302 BA, .386/.554/.941.

Relax. And stop creating unnecessary ST threads before doing your research.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:13 pm

He just hit HR #1. I expect 30-35 HR out of him this year if he is healthy. Problem is Theriot and Soriano are terrible guys to hit in front of him so the RBI could be limited again.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Guzman24 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:27 pm

$@%* if someone tells me to RELAX again i'm gonn friggin LOSE IT! :-b

I'm sorry for making the question sound like it was only pointing out Lee's spring training numbers. Thats my bad and I'll own it. It was meant to look at Lee overall and I guess since I had just taken a look at his Spring training line, that's what came out in my post.

I owned Lee last season and he was very frustrating. Hitting around .330 for the first few months of the season with little to no power then he tanked in July and August hitting .250 before going off in September.

So who is the real DLee???

He had one phenomenal year in 2005 where he hit 47HR's with a .335avg. and 15SB's

For the 3 years prior to that he was around 30HR's with a .275avg 15-20B's

Say he gets to 30HR's again but as the previous poster said his RBI numbers stay down because of Soriano and Theriot ahead of him in the order.

Say he finishes around 25-30HR/90RBI's/300AVG

He also hardly runs anymore. Does this really warrant a 4th round pick when you can grab a guy like Adrian Gonzalez or Paul Konerko 3-4 rounds later?
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 1)

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

I was not all that jazzed about Lee BEFORE ST. He has had some injuries and some down years and has gotten hot for a month. Obviously, as a Cub fan, I would like .356 w/ taters to come back but I am not betting 1/25 of my $20 league entry fee on him this year.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers