ESPN League and Minor Leaguers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

ESPN League and Minor Leaguers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN League and Minor Leaguers

Postby chairshot » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:37 am

Hoping someone can give me a good idea regarding this issue.

I have a fairly casual league that I'm commish of. It's a low cost, high fun type of league but everyone is in it to win it.

Our league uses ESPN (mostly to keep costs low) and each team a full major league roster as well as a smaller minor league roster. We currently keep track of the minor league roster on a separate website.

The problem comes in when ESPN has a player available in their player pool that is on someones minor league roster (Evan Longoria would be an example). There are a number of players that appear in the FA pool on the ESPN website that actually are minor leaguers (or qualify in our league to be on a minor league roster) and it can be a little confusing for people when they are looking at the FA's because they all might not actually be available.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? I don't see any roster settings that allow for minor league slots on a teams roster. I guess I could expand the bench of each team by the number of minor league slots allowed, but that seems like it could be confusing for owners to manage, especially if they aren't carrying a full minor league roster. It would be really great to be able to manage the whole league from just the ESPN site, so you don't have to check another site to find out if a minor leaguer is on a teams minor league roster.

Any help would be appreciated.
chairshot
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner