Question concerning waiver wire in keeper league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question concerning waiver wire in keeper league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question concerning waiver wire in keeper league...

Postby jmlevy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:54 am

Okay, so we are about to begin the 2nd year of a 3-sport keeper league. MLB was the first sport drafted, so this is the first time I have had to deal with this. For MLB, we had 10 keepers last year, with a 14 round slow draft thereafter to fill out the roster. We also allow an 8-player farm club.

My question is in regards to this: When inputting the draft order(which was reverse order from last year's final standings), the waiver order was set so that the team that came in first place last year (the champion) would receive the 1st waiver priority. However, as I felt was necessary, I inverted the waiver order so that the last place team would have the first waiver priority (and therefore the first place team would receive the last waiver priority).

Do you think this was the right move? Does it make sense to allow last year's champion to have first opportunity to grab players who are dropped or inputted into yahoo?
Owner of the Atlanta Braves in Strike Zone Dynasty
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner