B: J. Bonderman
B: R. Garko
NeonPeon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My Team!!! WHIR

Postby AnotherWalk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:26 am

This team is meh.... at first glance you need closer help because Wood is not a lock by any means for the Cubs closer job at all and Putz won't be enough.

Adrian Gonzalez worries me, but he is decent 1B in a 12 team league, but just beware that that park might start to get a hold of him. Hes a great hitter, but hes not as powerful as some of the other sluggers and I think that park might start to grab him tight and condense his power numbers a little, just a warning.

I don't think with Phillips' low OBP and BB rates that he can keep up 30 SB, and I think his R will suffer if he bats behind Griffey and Dunn with only Edwin to drive him in. 25/25 is my personal prediction, which is still great but his BA isn't to good and its not going to help you dominate in any one category in particular.

Fukudome has alot of questions surrounding him especially if they bat him 6th and not 2nd. His natural role in the MLB seems to be table setter, and if they put him 6th then I think his R will suffer. Pineilla hasn't been wanting to run much, so I can't see him matching the same SB potential he was meant to accomplish when he came over, and just high teens HR isn't quite enough for me. He is more of a 4th or 5th OF to me.

I do like the base of that pitching staff though and I think your SP are very good. Escobar is OK as a bench guy, but I think his uncertainty and his low counting stats might not make him the BEST choice. I think Longoria, if he plays, could be very decent though but you need a bench OF if you have 2 bench guys who can play 3B.

Overall I think this team is ok, just work out a few of the kinks
AnotherWalk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Rate My Team!!! WHIR

Postby nothingtoproveco » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:39 am

I tend to agree with the above poster as your team has lots of question marks and uncertainty. Certainly two closers (assuming Wood gets the job) will not be enough to consistently take the saves category so be sure to keep an eye on the waivers and here at the cafe throughout the season.

The pitching staff is a bit troublesome as well although the potential is there for some solid numbers. I would have liked to see that staff behind a solid number one guy to anchor it down. I do like Garko and Longoria on the bench but Longoria will take some patience if you want him to pay off. If you can afford it, go for it but if times get tough you may be frustrated with a pick who is still playing AAA.

Overall you have a good base for the team and with some good management and wire waiver moves you'll be set.

Any feedback on my team would be great appreciated:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=328570
nothingtoproveco
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team