How is my Team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How is my Team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How is my Team?

Postby blah1000 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Here is my team and I want to make sure I will be successful in my Fantasy league. here it is:

(1)- Ryan Braun (3B)
(2)- Carl Crawford (LF)
(3)- BJ Upton (2B)
(4)- Lance Berkman (1B)
(5)- Justin Verlander (SP)
(6)- Nick Markakis (RF)
(7)- Adrian Gonzalez (Util)
(8)-Carlos Zambrano (SP)
(9)- Jason Bay (Util)
(10)- Miguel Tejada (SS)
(11)- Jered Weaver(SP)
(12)- Rafael Soriano (RP)
(13)- Tim Hudson (SP)
(14)- Manuel Corpas (RP)
(15)- Juan Puerre (CF)
(16)- Eric Gagne (RP)
(17)- Ian Snell (SP)
(18)- Jason Varitek (C)

if anyone can give me pointers, that will help a lot, thanks
blah1000
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How is my Team?

Postby AnotherWalk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:43 am

How many teams is this league? By the way you drafted the first 4 rounds I'm assuming this is a 10 team league. I'm not sold on Braun, but I really like Crawford, and I think Upton is a decent value in the 3rd round, and Berkman should bounce back from what turned out to not be such a dissapointment last year.

Having Adrian Gonzalez chewing up your utility is very costly, especially considering that his park is horrible, his lineup is shaky at best, and it is very possibly 25-30 HR isn't enough from a high ranking 1B. He is a very good hitter, but that park effect just kills him because his natural power isn't that of some other big time sluggers.

Raffy Soriano as your first CL is a little shaky, I'm not going to lie, and I'm happy at least built some depth behind him to counteract the lack of starpower at the position. I like Corpas and Gagne to an extent, and as long as they keep their jobs for 85% of the year they should give you the SV you need.

This team isn't great IMO, but its good and should be competative. There are a few thing you might be able to fix or help, but again, it all depends on the number of teams in the league.
AnotherWalk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: How is my Team?

Postby blah1000 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:58 pm

You are right, there are ten teams. the only problem was all the good pithers were gone in the firsts rounds (like Jake Peavy). I was sticking to my plan where I get a position and not a player, like Adrian Gonzalez. he was the only good 1B at that time (and i was searching for a 1st or 3rd for my utility). The question is if I should get rid of him, because the way the commissior has the point system, Adrian G. went over 1000 points in yahoo fantasy.
blah1000
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team