Pick you are already regretting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick you are already regretting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pick you are already regretting

Postby Nomarrrrrrrrrr » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:01 am

interchange wrote:Agree with Tex being a good pick.

For me I'm regretting taking Beltran at 16 (would have taken Peavy or Crawford I think in retrospect).
I'm also regretting debating between Escobar and Shields and then picking Escobar.

Wow those are some bad choices.
Nomarrrrrrrrrr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby abc11435 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:01 am

EverybodyHits wrote:
abc11435 wrote:some players are just out of reach unless you do a little reaching.

i like that. is nice ;-D

Yeah it does sound a little silly now that I read it again. I just find that if you are in larger leagues and near the bookends, some players simply won't make it to you unless you reach for them.
abc11435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby Caveman_Nick » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:58 am

abc11435 wrote:
Caveman_Nick wrote:Man...I play in a 16 team 6x6 league. The draft is very inpredictable and it's tough to know what you will be able to reach on your next pick.

This is my draft. There are a lot of chances in that draft, but in this league I find you have to take them. Hafner at 31 overall is a chance. Markakis at 41 overall is a small reach. But I wanted those players and that was my only chance to get them.

I could say that about any of these picks. It's amazing how almost every guy I was targeting at a pick after round 7 was gone when It got back to me.

Don't feel bad. With the waythe draft is slotted, esp in a large league, some players are just out of reach unless you do a little reaching.

I don't feel bad. That was really my point....it's tough to regret one of those picks right now because you don't know if you were right or not yet :)
Oog.
Caveman_Nick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby garf112 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:52 am

I don't have a lot of regrets with the exception of picking Capps ahead of Francisco Cordero, Bobby Jenks and Manuel Corpas, but i really like Capps.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:58 am

Can't really say its a regret because I'm okay with how my pitching staff worked out (Smoltz, Shields, Gallardo, Billingsley, Snell), but I took Granderson with the 2nd to last pick of the 3rd and then lost out on Hamels who went with the next pick. Pitching was going early and I didn't want to get caught up in a run, but in retrospect, I probably should have grabbed Hamels there and then waited to grab Granderson with the 2nd pick of the 4th if he was still there.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Snacks » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:08 pm

Here's one I'm kicking myself over - I took Weeks in RD 7, with Kinlser still on the board. (he was taken with the very next pick) I fell under the Weeks Hype! Should have taken Kinsler or just taken a good pitcher and then taken someone like Hill or a 2B with speed rounds later.
Snacks
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Snacks wrote:Here's one I'm kicking myself over - I took Weeks in RD 7, with Kinlser still on the board. (he was taken with the very next pick) I fell under the Weeks Hype! Should have taken Kinsler or just taken a good pitcher and then taken someone like Hill or a 2B with speed rounds later.

I don't believe taking Weeks from late 6th onwards can ever be a bad idea this year. Yeah he has sore hands now, but will you remember that in October when he has done you proud?
Ignore lasts years avg, he is hitting .260 minimum this year. He is very very capable of putting up 20/30 with 100 runs and a quality OBP/OPS.
Weeks = good pick.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Nomarrrrrrrrrr wrote:
interchange wrote:Agree with Tex being a good pick.

For me I'm regretting taking Beltran at 16 (would have taken Peavy or Crawford I think in retrospect).
I'm also regretting debating between Escobar and Shields and then picking Escobar.

Wow those are some bad choices.

Let's keep it civil and avoid personal attacks even if you dont agree with their choices.

Thanks. ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 57)

Postby pangbones » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:34 pm

I have several picks I now regret. In a 2 man keeper league, (must keep 1 hitter, and 1 pitcher), I didn't draft a pitcher until round 9!! My rotation is weak. I took M Tejada in round 5, when I was looking at Oswalt, and C Young (SD). Oswalt went right before me, and I guess I panicked. Then for some reason I took C Hart, Konerko, and CB Young with my next 3 picks. When I should have taken Lincecum, Cain, or Shields!! Now I'm shopping Atkins for a SP!! :,-(
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby pangbones » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:37 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Snacks wrote:Here's one I'm kicking myself over - I took Weeks in RD 7, with Kinlser still on the board. (he was taken with the very next pick) I fell under the Weeks Hype! Should have taken Kinsler or just taken a good pitcher and then taken someone like Hill or a 2B with speed rounds later.

I don't believe taking Weeks from late 6th onwards can ever be a bad idea this year. Yeah he has sore hands now, but will you remember that in October when he has done you proud?
Ignore lasts years avg, he is hitting .260 minimum this year. He is very very capable of putting up 20/30 with 100 runs and a quality OBP/OPS.
Weeks = good pick.

I agree with that!! I got him in round 13 and am LOVING that!! He may never hit for high avg, but he knows how to take a walk, and should score at least 100 runs.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers