Pick you are already regretting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick you are already regretting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick you are already regretting

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Anyone out there draft someone that they already regret taking? Take into consideration draft position and other people available in the draft (someone you took way too early and could have waited or someone already with injury issues - for instance, to people already regret taking Lackey?).

For me it is BJ Ryan. Took him way too early when I could have easily waited 5 more rounds.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick you are already regretting

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 pm

BJ in the 10th was pretty rough, was surprised you took him when there were still a ton of good closers left on the board. I got squeezed into taking Ryan twice but in one league, I took him in the 13th and handcuffed him with Accardo and in the Cafe one, I took him in the 12th after every other closer who was healthy and had a secure job was gone already. :-C

I'm kinda shaky about grabbing Loney in the 10th, don't think he's really that much better than Conor Jackson this year but I took him 8 rounds later.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby ImTheScientist » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm

I took lackey in round 7 of a 12 teamer....I thought I had a steal but he is out now %-6
ImTheScientist
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Triplec223 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Rafael Soriano. Didn't do enough research and found out immediately after the pick (thanks to some "helpful" criticism from others in the draft) that he has been dinged up so far this spring. That leaves me with Manny Corpas and Joe Borowski as my closers. Hopefully Soriano will be fine to start the season.
Triplec223
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:11 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Anyone out there draft someone that they already regret taking? Take into consideration draft position and other people available in the draft (someone you took way too early and could have waited or someone already with injury issues - for instance, to people already regret taking Lackey?).

For me it is BJ Ryan. Took him way too early when I could have easily waited 5 more rounds.

yeah i thought that was a HUGE reach when you did it. i took miguel tejada at the end of the 7th in a dynasty league. probably a little too early given his status, but i guess i was planning for the now more than the future.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fezzik » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 pm

In one draft I took Beckett in the middle of the 4th when Webb was still available...kind of regret it, but it's not the end of the world...in the same draft I reached a bit for Beltre in the 8th, but I'm still pretty happy with my team overall.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby socceryank » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:23 pm

Easy, taking Lackey in the 7th as my #1 SP!
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby roninmedia » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 pm

$250 Budget auction,

Jarrod Saltalamacchia - $5
:-* For a guy who may only get two starts a week.

Brandon Lyon - $7
:-* Getting tattooed in spring with a quality person to take his place. I overpaid right when Arizona announces the job is his going into ST.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby horatio » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:33 pm

I took Willy Taveres in the 15th and kind of wish I would have grabbed one of the two remaning closers (borowski or Brian Wilson), but in general I'm pretty happy with my draft, in the 10th I grabbed Delmon Young and kind of wish I would have grabbed James Shields who went 4 picks later, but all in all I"m pretty happy with what I got.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby pat189 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Andruw Jones in the 10th...I didn't even notice Kemp was still on the board or I would have picked him.
pat189
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers