Roto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Roto

Roto

Postby iliveinahouseyay » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:36 pm

So, I've played roto before, but not year in, year out. I liked it the first time I played it, and now I'm in a family friend's AL only roto league. I've been searching for specifics and what not, but there's a few things I'd like to ask. I don't know if there's going to be any definitive answers, and they will all probably fluctuate:

1) In a one-league, standard cat league with 25 or so positions, what is a realistic average, WHIP, ERA (overall) you want to compete in this cats?

2) Can relief pitchers, like a Neshek, Okajima, etc..., help your team's WHIP/ERA more than a fourth or fifth starter because they don't pitch as much? Obviously, you sacrifice three cat's. Is this common?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
iliveinahouseyay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roto

Postby Amatter32 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:41 pm

I shoot for .285, 4.00, and 1.30.
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Roto

Postby Field » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:01 am

1) There was a very comprehensive thread on this issue: viewtopic.php?t=321346
- mbuser (from Yahoo) compiled comprehensive results from all Yahoo league winners. Although it's not perfect, it's a good starting point for sure.

2) Middle relievers can be helpful, but they are also very volatile on a year to year basis. Some people use a middle reliever strategy but roster space becomes an issue. I've always found that I want to drop the MRs for someone with more upside especially early on in the season when a lot of players begin to emerge.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Beginner's Forum