Question about certain categories (L, SO, ERA) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Question about certain categories (L, SO, ERA)

Question about certain categories (L, SO, ERA)

Postby smurfman111 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi so this question is probably pretty dumb and easy for you guys to answer.

Q: Do certain negative categories such as SO (for batters) and Losses for pitchers mean that you will win the category if you get the least out of these?? So for a H2H matchup, it will add up all my pitcher's losses and all my batters SO's and if you have the least in each category you get the win for that category??

Thanks

P.S. is it a strategy if you have enough categories locked up to win a matchup that you would bench all your SP's so you don't get any losses therefore guarenteeing you win that category?? I know that is a pretty far-fetched scenario, but Im just trying to understand the scoring a little better.
smurfman111
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question about certain categories (L, SO, ERA)

Postby Nihil » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:56 pm

smurfman111 wrote:Q: Do certain negative categories such as SO (for batters) and Losses for pitchers mean that you will win the category if you get the least out of these?? So for a H2H matchup, it will add up all my pitcher's losses and all my batters SO's and if you have the least in each category you get the win for that category

That is correct. And, there are no dumb questions.

smurfman111 wrote:P.S. is it a strategy if you have enough categories locked up to win a matchup that you would bench all your SP's so you don't get any losses therefore guarenteeing you win that category?? I know that is a pretty far-fetched scenario, but Im just trying to understand the scoring a little better.

It is a very viable strategy and happens a lot more than you might think. You can do the same with your hitters as well, but I don't think that would occur quite as much. I will say that in, our league, some managers think it is an unsportsmanlike strategy, but that's because they were on the bad end of it...
Nihil
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Beginner's Forum