Yahoo! Johnny Cueto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Postby BJSFAN123 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Carnac wrote:Anybody here remember Matt Riley?

How many hundreds of posts were there in the cafe about that bum?

But everyone thought he would be the next coming!

Theres always busts, but then you have guys like Lincecum/Gallardo last season. Gallardo helped me win my fantasy season, so I'm glad I used a waiver on him.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:59 pm

I like this kid. Everything I've heard and read says that he is a legit top prospect. Sickles rated him above Bailey for 08.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:07 pm

I don't think anyone is proclaiming him to be the savior to their team, but I am definitely going to take a flyer on him once he's added where I can.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby saemick » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Yoda wrote:I like this kid. Everything I've heard and read says that he is a legit top prospect. Sickles rated him above Bailey for 08.

Speaking of Bailey...is he even in the rotation now?
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carnac » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:24 pm

Wasn't my intent to say he's not worth a flyer or he won't make it. Just had to laugh when I heard the remark "I'm checking Yahoo every 2 hours." And I had Lincicum last year too. Also own him this year. Cueto MAY be the next stud, but just as likely, no, MORE likely he's not.

I've been a cafe member for several years. It is the best site around. But, sometimes we get too worked up into a lather.

And to anyone who picks him up, I hope he carries your team to the championship.
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Carnac wrote:Wasn't my intent to say he's not worth a flyer or he won't make it. Just had to laugh when I heard the remark "I'm checking Yahoo every 2 hours." And I had Lincicum last year too. Also own him this year. Cueto MAY be the next stud, but just as likely, no, MORE likely he's not.

I've been a cafe member for several years. It is the best site around. But, sometimes we get too worked up into a lather.

And to anyone who picks him up, I hope he carries your team to the championship.

I think Cueto has a chance to be very good even in a standard league. He pitched well everywhere he's been and has solid offerings. Definitely the type you want to take a flier on.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 4Pack » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:35 pm

Carnac wrote:Wasn't my intent to say he's not worth a flyer or he won't make it. Just had to laugh when I heard the remark "I'm checking Yahoo every 2 hours." And I had Lincicum last year too. Also own him this year. Cueto MAY be the next stud, but just as likely, no, MORE likely he's not.

LOL...I agree 100%. I may very well pick Cueto up....but after last season's huge dissapointment with Alex Gordon...I will forever more hold my expectations to a minimum.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SAKIC_19 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:13 pm

From Rotoworld.com:

Reds manager Dusty Baker admitted Friday that his rotation was close to being finalized.

"It's not set yet -- we still have some action," Baker said. "It's pretty set -- except for that fifth spot, basically. I hate to tell young kids that they're [in] there too soon, in case something happens and you have to go back on your word for whatever reason. Plus, you want to keep them motivated and driven through spring training." It's expected that Johnny Cueto, Josh Fogg and Edinson Volquez, in that order, will follow Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo."

It appears close that Yahoo will add him..
SAKIC_19
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers