Yahoo! Johnny Cueto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Postby Snacks » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:54 pm

I couldn't agree with the last comment more. Whatever the issue with Cueto, it's great to actually see someone from Yahoo following the forum and at least responding. Thanks Genie... Now when did you say you'd be adding Cueto again? Just Kidding!
Snacks
Snacks
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby garf112 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:3) I'd like to think we don't "always add players at weird times", and that will also only improve going forward. People constantly say, "but you added Lincecum in the last preseason omg!" Okay, we did. But continuing to point that out when I'm trying to make it clear that we've changed our position doesn't really help either of us. Some part of the decision process is subjective, so there will occasionally be a player that some people are surprised by (and others are ecstatic about). But our goal at this point is to make it predictable until we can make it configurable.

This is good to hear that you are going back to the "old way" of doing it. Last year was really random in the days that people were added to the database. We actually have a rule that we put in place before last year that had to do with prospects that you guys made really hard to implement because you added a million prospects before the year started. Thanks!
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:I concur ;-D
Why do people want someone who might just sit on their bench with a red NA next to their name? Doesn't make sense to me.
Maybe they want to be first on their block to have the next "sexy" Prospect?

You wrong. Owning the "next sexy Prospect" isnt the reason. I couldnt care less.
But if a player presumably will help a lot in the second half, than I will stash him.
Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez last year. They were drafted, despite that the word was that Pedro is out 'til august for sure.
Clemens was even drafted two years ago, despite everybody knew he was goin to sit out the first couple of month, or not play at all.

but then it would never end. ok you want cueto, someone else wants kershaw, someone else wants price, etc... it essentially would be every prospect you could think of. THEN, lets say theres news someone gets called up and the player isnt stashed. its just luck as to who's online at that time, rather than there actually being a system for which they're added.

in a perfect world, there would be an option when starting your league where the commish can decide who can be added and who can not (in terms of MLB eligibility), but until then, im ok with the way yahoo is running it now.

I just gave an explonation to Assie, why people dont mind having an NA on the team.
And losing one rosterspot can be compensated with streaming.

I didnt say I want Cueto, Kershaw, Price etc...
I want them available only if he on the 25-man roster.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby zig zag daddy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:15 pm

I'm pretty lucky since the only league I'm in at yahoo didnt draft at yahoo. We did a slow draft at a different site and since Cueto was in their system I drafted him. I have him on hold and the commish will add him to my team as soon as he is in yahoo.
zig zag daddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:49 pm

I cannot believe how much hype this guy is getting. 13IPs ago (spring training IPs, mind you), he wasn't even the best prospect on his own team. Now people are begging just for the chance to burn a #1 waiver priority on him?

I'm really looking forward to the first "What's wrong with Johnny Cueto?" thread after he gives up 4 runs in 5 innings in his first start...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Doughhead » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:16 pm

[quote="Inukchuk"]I cannot believe how much hype this guy is getting.quote]

...says the guy with the Billy Butler sig... ;-)
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:05 am

Doughhead wrote:...says the guy with the Billy Butler sig... ;-)

Oh, that's cold... !+)

Honestly though, I've been a BB fan for 2 years now. Drafted he onto my minor league roster, then (through the magic of MLB Extra Innings) watched at least 90% of his AB's last year. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to sit through a Royals game? But I did it, man. I did it for Billy.

Wow, after reading that last paragraph, I just realized I may have some problems...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby markj11 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 am

Fantasy Sports Genie,
Could you tell someone to let me view the posted messages, I need to get directions to the draft.
Thanks
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snacks » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Okay, One Question - when Cueto does get added, and when Yahoo adds anyone, is there a specific time? Like 11:59 PST - or could it be anytime during the day? I'm tired of checking for him every two hours, and by doing so I'm proving once again that Fantasy Baseball is driving me to the brink of insanity.... all because of a perverse need to have Johnny Cueto. (I'm in No Waiver leagues, so it's first come first serve)
Snacks
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:53 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:...You can search back to last year and find the firestorm that erupted when we broke from habit and proactively pushed a cluster of prospects.

Ah, yes. Good times ... ;-7
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers