Yahoo! Johnny Cueto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:02 pm

i am peeking in and am 100 % glad that its like this. keep up the good work. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 pm

I am a Yahoo sycophant and have been playing the ' hoo (I just made that up :-B ) for a looong time. I like the way they do the adds...or whoever does the adds. It keeps the uber-nerds at bay and I love to read of their seethings because some little hobgoblin named Johnny flippin' Cueto isn't available to them. If you want him then sign up with CBS and satisfy your hunger there. Then enjoy the HRs against the kid with gusto!

Yahoo rocks. Keep doing what you're doing...

...but what's up with all the green? And the reduced screen?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby pat189 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:40 pm

I don't like the fact that yahoo experts are already making articles talking about Cueto, yet he isn't even in the database.

I'm not sweating over it, but I like how ESPN and CBS have a lot more top prospects in their database already. (Yahoo is missing a lot of names that espn/cbs have)

I'm just making sure to save my waiver for a stud that will be added (look at last year, lincecum,gallardo,braun,etc)
pat189
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i am peeking in and am 100 % glad that its like this. keep up the good work. ;-D

I concur ;-D
Why do people want someone who might just sit on their bench with a red NA next to their name? Doesn't make sense to me.
Maybe they want to be first on their block to have the next "sexy" Prospect?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:15 am

pat189 wrote:I don't like the fact that yahoo experts are already making articles talking about Cueto, yet he isn't even in the database.

quite right.

pat189 wrote:I'm just making sure to save my waiver for a stud that will be added

I dont wanna use waiver priority to add someone who is on the opening day roster.
Every player added should be a FA, and not on waivers prior to season start.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:25 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i am peeking in and am 100 % glad that its like this. keep up the good work. ;-D

I concur ;-D
Why do people want someone who might just sit on their bench with a red NA next to their name? Doesn't make sense to me.

You wrong. Owning the "next sexy Prospect" isnt the reason. I couldnt care less.
But if a player presumably will help a lot in the second half, than I will stash him.
Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez last year. They were drafted, despite that the word was that Pedro is out 'til august for sure.
Clemens was even drafted two years ago, despite everybody knew he was goin to sit out the first couple of month, or not play at all.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:04 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

I concur ;-D

You wrong. Owning the "next sexy Prospect" isnt the reason. I couldnt care less.
But if a player presumably will help a lot in the second half, than I will stash him.
Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez last year. They were drafted, despite that the word was that Pedro is out 'til august for sure.
Clemens was even drafted two years ago, despite everybody knew he was goin to sit out the first couple of month, or not play at all.

but then it would never end. ok you want cueto, someone else wants kershaw, someone else wants price, etc... it essentially would be every prospect you could think of. THEN, lets say theres news someone gets called up and the player isnt stashed. its just luck as to who's online at that time, rather than there actually being a system for which they're added.

in a perfect world, there would be an option when starting your league where the commish can decide who can be added and who can not (in terms of MLB eligibility), but until then, im ok with the way yahoo is running it now.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:12 am

I think what Yahoo is doing is great. Yahoo is number one because its free and it was one of the first sites to offer a free service with constant updates and league modifications. If I had an opinion, it would be that every player on the 40 man roster would be in the yahoo data base. That would be perfect, imo. However we here at the cafe have no voice in how things are done. We enjoy having "Fantasy Sports Genie" here so we should stop lashing out at him for yahoos problems. Yahoo will always add players at weird times. All we can do is keep checking the "whos been added' list in yahoo leagues or keep a close eye on the cafe leftovers.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:59 am

eftda wrote:I think what Yahoo is doing is great. Yahoo is number one because its free and it was one of the first sites to offer a free service with constant updates and league modifications. If I had an opinion, it would be that every player on the 40 man roster would be in the yahoo data base. That would be perfect, imo. However we here at the cafe have no voice in how things are done. We enjoy having "Fantasy Sports Genie" here so we should stop lashing out at him for yahoos problems. Yahoo will always add players at weird times. All we can do is keep checking the "whos been added' list in yahoo leagues or keep a close eye on the cafe leftovers.

I had said I was bowing out, but I do feel like I need to say a few things in response to this one. I'm like that sometimes :-)

1) Thanks for your support. I'm glad you enjoy our service, and hope we only manage to make you enjoy it more going forward.
2) To say that the Cafe has no voice in how things are done is very much not true; that is largely why I spend time here. There have been quite a few changes made to the various games in the last year based on feedback from the Cafe. The catch is that the Cafe doesn't have the *only* voice, and further the Cafe sometimes does not have a single unified voice. Like on this issue. So we listen, we do our best, and as time allows, we make things better. And we value the input we get from this community, as one very interesting voice among our broad customer base.
3) I'd like to think we don't "always add players at weird times", and that will also only improve going forward. People constantly say, "but you added Lincecum in the last preseason omg!" Okay, we did. But continuing to point that out when I'm trying to make it clear that we've changed our position doesn't really help either of us. Some part of the decision process is subjective, so there will occasionally be a player that some people are surprised by (and others are ecstatic about). But our goal at this point is to make it predictable until we can make it configurable.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby saemick » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:39 pm

I have been watching this topic since its inception, mainly because I was curious as to when Cueto would be added along with all of you.

But I also wanted to comment about the whole yahoo sports thing. I think it is really great to have someone from Yahoo (Fantasy Sports Genie) to give us that little bit of inside information about things. I remember last year we had asked to have the "watch list" expanded...shortly thereafter, sure enough, it was. Now, while not a HUGE deal, I found it pretty darn helpful. Can we really look at CBSSprotsline, ESPN, etc.. and say that we have the same support/ help that Yahoo provides?

Now, I would love to see Cueto in the player pool, but am also just fine in holding off till the season starts or his spot in the rotation has been officially announced, or whenever. I think the fact that the Genie being here to help answer questions and actually take our ideas/ concerns into consideration to make Yahoo a better site is phenomenal...and more than makes up for them not having "Cueto" added yet or anyone else for that matter.

Just my .02
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers