Yahoo! Johnny Cueto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Postby ImTheScientist » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:13 am

Genie, I noticed you guys added a player today. Is it possible to add Cueto today also. I want him in my rotation the first week of the season but it may not happen if we can't get him added. It seems he is listed on all the other fantasy baseball sites.....why not yahoo?

Sign in if you want Cueto added to yahoo!
ImTheScientist
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo! Johnny Cueto

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 am

I like it better when Yahoo adds young players when they actually start generating stats. ;-D
I am in a deep 20 team dynasty league, and hate it when awesome awesome prospects get added and then don't make their team for weeks or months. That little red NA really gets to you after a while.
Cueto isn't even penciled into the rotation yet.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 20)

Postby ImTheScientist » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 am

AussieDodger wrote:I like it better when Yahoo adds young players when they actually start generating stats. ;-D
I am in a deep 20 team dynasty league, and hate it when awesome awesome prospects get added and then don't make their team for weeks or months. That little red NA really gets to you after a while.

Can we make a sig bet? If he makes it you remove that ugly Billy Butler banner and if he does not make the rotation I will add your banner to my sig and embrace butler?
ImTheScientist
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pope » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:39 am

Write it down:

Cueto will be in the rotation and he is far more valuable than Homer Bailey at this point.
pope
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:40 am

ImTheScientist wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:I like it better when Yahoo adds young players when they actually start generating stats. ;-D

Can we make a sig bet? If he makes it you remove that ugly Billy Butler banner and if he does not make the rotation I will add your banner to my sig and embrace butler?

Nah I think he can/should make the rotation pretty easily, it just hasn't been confirmed yet. And you know who his manager is.
He might want "The Dragon Slayer" instead.

Johnny Cueto overcame a sloppy first to limit the Tigers to two runs in four innings on Monday.
Two of the first three batters delivered rather weak singles against Cueto, who then walked Magglio Ordonez and Miguel Cabrera on four pitches to force in a run. However, he retired 11 of 12 batters from that point on, with one more run crossing the plate in the first. The Reds are probably just happy that he overcame his first real adversity of the spring. He seems set to start the team's fourth or fifth game of the season.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tgalv » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:45 am

pope wrote:Write it down:

Cueto will be in the rotation and he is far more valuable than Homer Bailey at this point.

wow let me write that obvious fact down like it's somehow a bold prediction.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pope » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 am

tgalv wrote:
pope wrote:Write it down:

wow let me write that obvious fact down like it's somehow a bold prediction.

you heard it here first!

:-b
pope
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:06 am

ImTheScientist wrote:Genie, I noticed you guys added a player today. Is it possible to add Cueto today also. I want him in my rotation the first week of the season but it may not happen if we can't get him added. It seems he is listed on all the other fantasy baseball sites.....why not yahoo?

There is an important distinction here. We didn't forcibly add him; our provider added him, and they do so in response to real-life transactions. I don't know what the Yankees did to get Mr. Traber marked as active, but it was nothing we here at Yahoo did.

This has been discussed a few times here, but expect us to be very reluctant to forcibly add prospects. Some people want them added ASAP, some people want them added only when they are activated. Someday hopefully we can support both models, but until then we're likely to err on the side of not adding people until they become active.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:but until then we're likely to err on the side of not adding people until they become active.

Just the way I like it :-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
ImTheScientist wrote:Genie, I noticed you guys added a player today. Is it possible to add Cueto today also. I want him in my rotation the first week of the season but it may not happen if we can't get him added. It seems he is listed on all the other fantasy baseball sites.....why not yahoo?

There is an important distinction here. We didn't forcibly add him; our provider added him, and they do so in response to real-life transactions. I don't know what the Yankees did to get Mr. Traber marked as active, but it was nothing we here at Yahoo did.

This has been discussed a few times here, but expect us to be very reluctant to forcibly add prospects. Some people want them added ASAP, some people want them added only when they are activated. Someday hopefully we can support both models, but until then we're likely to err on the side of not adding people until they become active.

Thats cool. But just to clarify. At the break of Spring Training, when all final rosters are announced and team active rosters are updrated by team, all players on that active roster should be shortly added to the database, correct?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers