Ethier/Kemp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ethier/Kemp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ethier/Kemp

Postby StringerBell » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:51 pm

To make the Dodgers OF situation even more convoluted, Andre Ethier is currently having the strongest Spring out of the four (Kemp,Jones,Pierre,Ethier). With the mystery surrounding ABs, is it a rational plan to have Kemp and Ethier as your 4th and 5th OFs?
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ethier/Kemp

Postby Bloke911 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:29 pm

Pierre's Days With Dodgers May Be Numbered

The Orange County Register speculates this morning that Juan Pierre may be on the verge of losing his job after only one season with the Dodgers, which may force a trade. If true, the Dodgers will have received only one year of service for their $44MM investment.

Tony Jackson notes that with center field belonging to Andruw Jones, that leaves two spots for Pierre, Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp. Ethier and Kemp have shown this spring that they may be ready for everyday jobs. Jackson also suggests that Pierre is not an ideal candidate for the bench even if the remaining 4 years and $36.5MM on his contract are discounted.

It was previously mentioned that Pierre may be willing to waive his no-trade clause, which limits the Dodgers to five teams. However the A's, one rumored destination, are not interested. If Pierre is traded, the Dodgers will most likely have to swallow a good portion of the remaining contract. Would the Mets get involved if talks with the Tigers and Jay fall through? Pierre might only cost them $24MM for the next four years and middling prospect.
Bloke911
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby StringerBell » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:17 am

thanks for the update.......
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sunspot » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:58 am

Ethier has been a beast this spring. I am keeping a close eye on this situation.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:18 pm

i think pierre will be benched for ethier. ethier is having a monster spring training i think torre will make the right move. i hope the dodgers look to trade pierre. even with pierre gone they still have jason repko as a solid option to give kemp and ethier a rest every now and then.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Loose Circuits » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:23 pm

I always thought Repko was decent enough to fill-in...is there any update on this situation?

As a Kemp owner, how many games a week should I be expecting him to sit out? If he only plays against lefties he's probably not even worth a roster spot in this league. That would mean I'd have to give up a pitcher to carry an extra dependable OF. Also, is there a place that I'll be able to have advanced noticed when he sits out?
Loose Circuits
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bogey9906 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Loose Circuits wrote:As a Kemp owner, how many games a week should I be expecting him to sit out? Also, is there a place that I'll be able to have advanced noticed when he sits out?

I think Kemp will start in RF the vast majority of games. If a trade is not made, then Pierre and Ethier will split time in left. Kemp may sit about one game a week at first, so more than a clear-cut starter, but he won't be in a platoon just against lefties.

As for knowing when he'll sit, I imagine Torre will come up with some sort of plan, but I'm expecting to have to check Yahoo before gametime to make the call on Kemp.
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Loose Circuits » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Bogey9906 wrote:
Loose Circuits wrote:As a Kemp owner, how many games a week should I be expecting him to sit out? Also, is there a place that I'll be able to have advanced noticed when he sits out?

I think Kemp will start in RF the vast majority of games. If a trade is not made, then Pierre and Ethier will split time in left. Kemp may sit about one game a week at first, so more than a clear-cut starter, but he won't be in a platoon just against lefties.

As for knowing when he'll sit, I imagine Torre will come up with some sort of plan, but I'm expecting to have to check Yahoo before gametime to make the call on Kemp.

I hope yahoo is compatiable to my TREO cause I'll have to do it that way...thanks for the info., sounds like Kemp is worth holding on to regardless...luckily he plays on the west coast so most of their games will be later in the day.
Loose Circuits
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:58 am

Everybody reads to much into ST.
As a fantasy rookie in 2002 I saw Rosevelt Brown and Alex Ochoa hitting everything in sight in ST.
So I drafted both.
We all know what happened.
I learned my lesson.

Im not drafting Either, unless I'll still need an OF and theres no decent option (and I consider Milton Bradley a decent option :-b, though I'll be damned if I'd have to draft him ) left on the board.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daman316 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:23 pm

I read an article today, I believe it was Yahoo sports, projecting Pierre in center and Eithier and Kemp in right, I have both Kemp and Pierre in a keeper league and am just looking for a straight answer on who to play, my league only allows us to set our roster on a week to week basis for the entire week, I don't have the luxury of adjusting everyday unfortunately.
daman316
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates