How did I do last night? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How did I do last night? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How did I do last night? WHIR

Postby BostonBK7 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:11 pm

12 team 5x5 roto non-keeper league. Does this team have a legitimate chance to compete?

C- J. Saltalamacchia
1B- Ryan Garko
2B- C. Utley
3B- Chipper Jones
SS- Derek Jeter
OF- Suzuki
OF- Byrnes
OF- J. Hamilton
Util- Uggla
Bn- Thome

SP- Smoltz
SP- F. Hernandez
RP- B. Wagner
RP- B. Wilson
P- Lincecum
P- Hudson
P- G. Sherrill
Bn- T. Pena
Bn- K. Slowey
Bn- Benoit
Bn- G. Maddux
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How did I do last night? WHIR

Postby javens » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:30 pm

I like your team. I do think you should have a solid back up plan for Chipper Jones. Ichiro will hae another 200 hit season so that alone makes your OF solid. Pitching is very solid, Felix is ready for the big season.
javens
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Pretty balanced offense, I would grab a backup first basemen behind Garko though. He is solid but I might get insurance. I'd definitely start Thome over Uggla, only due to fact Uggla can hurt you in avg often. You might want to look to trade Uggla for a backup OF since your really don't need Dan since you have Utley.

Staff is good too, I don't believe Benoit is the closer, believe it is CJ Wilson, I could be wrong. Besides you potentially have 5 closers, I'd drop Benoit and add a bat. Maybe a 1B/OF type of player if ones available. Maybe Votto or someoen more versatile like Wigginton.

Other than that I might also to try and find a replacement for Maddux since hes kinda irrelevant in fantasy just like Buehrle, both are consistent but don't offer much in terms of Ks and other cats. For roto a good k and whip pitcher is important so perhaps Marcum is available.

Other than that, I think you can compete I would add another offensive bat and get rid of one of your closers and Maddux.

GL ;-D
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Montana168 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:59 pm

well ur lucky your not in a keeper league..haha. that is one old offense with jones, jeter, suzuki, byrnes. wel at least you can argue you have experience. in all seriousness it's a decent team. i don't know if i would be starting garko though. i think he is going to be a good player that's why i drafted him in a dynasty league but in a non-keeper its a huge risk but has the potential for a huge return. not a fan of salty. not sure if he can produce at a high level. i would keep an eye on the WW for RP though, if there is a max IP than you are going to go way over. in a roto i usually like to start the season with 4 RP and 6 SP, then eventually have 5 RP, and 5 Sp.

help with mine?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=328049
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team