RP-Papelbon
RP-Rivera
P-Gagne
P-Sherrill
P-B.Ryan
Bn-Gallardo
Bn-Greinke
Bn-F.Hernandez

I feel like I made out well. I missed Crawford and Upton early on so I kinda ditched steals until the end of the draft. Bourn will thrive and possibly could steal 40 plus bags. Patterson looks like he has the CF job won in Cincinatti and he will have the green light as well.

WHIR
11' Outlook:
AL CY: Jon Lester
NL CY: Roy Halladay
AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez
NL MVP: Troy Tulowitski
qnzbro2k
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WHIR..Rate My Team

Postby abrage22 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Well ur pitching is awesome.
Hitting u need better OF's,try to trade for one bigger OF. Also U NEED STEALS!!!! Bourn gets lots but i don't know if i'd start him, unless i already have tons of power or something :P.
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AnotherWalk » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:56 am

Not to slight what you did because its not a horrible team, but when your starting Patterson and Bourn who should total 65 SB between them and you still don't have enough SB to be in the top half of the league then thats a problem. You need to trade for speed, no matter what the means.

Towles isn't much at catcher, not that you need to upgrade, just know that he might not produce like everyone thinks he will.

Your BA is also low, just adding Ichiro onthis team would make this much better now that I look at it because right now your BA should only be around .275 and thats good for last or second to last in the league, and quite frankly your power isn't 1st or 2nd in the league type stuff. You'll finish top half in HR and RBI but thats about it.

I like that in return for the holes on offense you have good pitching, but I think there are risks on your pitching staff that you need to work out in your favor. As much as I love him, Kazmir is stil a question mark, he still pitches high pitch counts and is an injury risk, just hope that when he comes back he can be second half kazmir 07.

I love when people accumulate CL depth though and you have that up the yin-yang. You can definatley trade out of this depth, because when you have nearly 1/6th of all the available closers it means that someone doesn't and they would overpay to get it, because they are obviously an exclusive group of players whose value only rises as crunch time nears, good work.

You have holes, no doubt, but I think you have the depth in other areas to fill out this roster nicely. It'll take some work, but not bad.
AnotherWalk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:16 am

ur pitching is great but ur util is weak look for upgrades by mabey trading some rp

help me out?
viewtopic.php?t=328562

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby nothingtoproveco » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:47 am

Your team has some glaring positives and negatives. Obviously, you went very aggressive in securing both a good starting pitching staff and closers. Peavy, Kazmir, and Felix make for some great starters although Kazmir is a bit of a question mark this year. You have an absolute stronghold in the closers category which you will have to use as trading leverage down the line.

The biggest holes I see in your lineup is your OF. I agree with your strategy of snagging Towels and K. Johnson in the late rounds if you missed out on the premier players early on but having Burrell and Griffey as 2 of your 3 outfielders worries me. I would look to take advantage of the scarcity in closers as the season starts and get someone to overpay for one of yours with a good OF.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=328570
nothingtoproveco
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team