Rate my team. WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team. WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team. WHIR!

Postby sixer03fan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:07 pm

yo guys, i went for power offense early in the draft as you can see and went for solid pitching in the middle rounds... didn't worry about RP until the end of the draft. Let me know what you think about my team and if I should try to make any moves. Thanks in advance. Leave a link!

also, pitching was a little weird since someone picked pitching their first 6 picks...
and i drafted last week and wasn't aware lackey and escobar were hurt :~(

non-keeper, daily transactions
10 team, h2h. YAHOO league.
hits, runs, hr, rbi, avg, stls
wins, k's, era, whip, k/9, saves

c. Brian McCann
1b. David Ortiz
2b. Ian Kinsler
3b. Aramis Ramirez
ss. Carlos Guillen
of. Matt Holliday
of. Carlos Lee
of. Andruw Jones
u. Carlos Pena
bench. Johnny Damon

sp. John Lackey
sp. Aaron Harang
sp. Kelvim Escobar
sp. Chad Billingsley
sp. Javier Vazquez
sp. Matt Cain
sp. Oliver Perez
sp. Ubaldo Jimenez
sp. Andrew Miller

rp. Jason Isringhausen
rp. CJ Wilson
rp. Brandon Lyon
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team. WHIR!

Postby play4awin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Sorry about the pitching because that may hurt ya. Not a fan of your RP so it looks like you need to trade for some or are punting saves. The good thing is that you can always pick up on WW.

Also why so many SP if innings is not a cat. Hopefully you can trade some of that away because 9 SP is a lot no matter what league you are in.

I am not a fan of McCann or Pena so depending on when you drafted them would matter on how I liked those picks. If you picked up McCann and Pena before round 7 not a fan because there are other position players out there you could have gone after because the difference between McCann and the next 6-8 best catchers are not that big a difference. I also dont think Pena can be the same as last year but could be wrong.

Help if you can
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=328058
play4awin
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nitrayn » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:19 pm

you are going to need help with steals and RP. The rest of the team looks good. Even though Lackey and Escobar are hurt, you have good depth and solid #2 and 3 guys, so you should be able to get by without them. I'd maybe sacrifice a power guy fro some more speed. Thanks for the help
Nitrayn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana168 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:24 pm

let me first off start by saying that who ever the guy was that picked is first 6 picks as pitchers is a complete moron!! anyway, you have a solid team, but i would look to get a guy off the WW like michael bourn that can get you 40-50 steals because you'll need it. even though you have lackey and escobar...your pitching is very good with cain, billingsley, and harang.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=328049
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:25 pm

pitching will be fine. who cares about saves this early...just make sure you snatch up those couple guys that pop up during teh season. and you have a decent staff considering someone picked pitching the first 6 rds. and you can always pick up those breakout SPs...especially in a 10 teamer

i agree you need some steals. see if you can get rid of pena for some speed
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby candyman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Deal pena for speed... I don't think he puts up anywhere near last years numbers... Plus even if he does you have MORE than enough power to absorb his loss. A 50 steal guy would be a huge addition to your team.

Don't worry about RP, closers come and go all the time. You can skate by picking them off the WW and getting saves that way.

I like your team, just need a little speed and hopefully people are overvaluing pena.

Help me out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=327996
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby TheGinner » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:06 pm

You definately have a power offense.

I'm not sold on Kinsler this year, his tank last year after the first months was hard to deal with, but he could do something good.

Plus I watched him play at Mizzou, and I think he just had a couple of lucky months B-) I may be wrong.

Your SP may not be an issue since innings isnt a cat. I would keep my eyes out for some young pitchers coming up, or see what kind of value you can get for one of those power guys, since losing one wouldnt hurt your lineup too bad.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=328093
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby sox 06 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Your offense is definitley powerful, but it could use some speed. If Andruw can bounce back this year, that will be even better. I don't think your pitching is all that bad, Harang, Lackey and Escobar are good pitchers and Oliver Perez had a nice season lasy year. Saves could be a slight issue, but you can almost always find a saves guy on the wire (when someone starts to struggle or lost their job). Also, many no name players will start producing early in the season and hopefully you can snatch those guys up. Thanks for your help with mine.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Redlegs » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:57 pm

thx for help

nice powerful offense, you need some speed and saves though. i like your sp's even with the injuries, maybe u can trade some sp and power for saves and speed

hope that helps

good luck
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team