First Year Dynasty Draft..WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First Year Dynasty Draft..WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First Year Dynasty Draft..WHIR

Postby Montana168 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:06 pm

this is the first year of a dynasty draft. (we keep our entire roster every year). for the rest of these years there will be 2 drafts. one will be a 2 round draft for prospects, and another will be a 2 round draft for free agents. the roster doesn't expand every year, if you draft 4 guys you have to drop 4 guys. keep in mind young guys are extremely vauable in this draft that is why guys like evan longoria are drafted in the 8th round, a rod went 5th overall, and vladdy dropped to the 7th round. keep in mind Ryan Braun will be a full-time OF next year so he will not be 3B eligible, so i need to replace him in the starting lineup...i'm not sure if i have his replacement on my team or not, but are they any great prospects that i should keep an eye on that could be added to yahoo rosters this year. also let me know who u think i should start the year with at the 2 UTIL spots.

standard yahoo H2H league 5X5 cats with one extra UTIL spot, 30 man roster:

C Brian McCann
1B James Loney
2B Robinson Cano
3B Ryan Braun
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Corey Hart
OF Jeremy Hermida
OF Brad Hawpe
UTIL Ryan Garko
UTIL Michael Cuddyer
BN 3B Andy LaRoche
BN OF Melky Cabrera
BN OF Andre Ethier
BN 3B Mark Reynolds
BN 2B Aaron Hill
BN 1B Casey Kotchman
BN OF Corey Patterson
BN 2B,SS Brendon Harris

SP C.C. Sabathia
SP Chad Billingsley
RP Francisco Rodgriguez
RP Huston Street
P Kelly Gregg
P Chien-Ming Wang
P Brad Penny
BN Dustin McGowan
BN Joba Chamberlain (my favorate pickup)
BN Heath Bell
BN Jeremy Guthrie
BN Hiroki Kuroda

let me know what you guys think...there is much on the WW but are there any prospects i should watch out for...any trades i should make? as always post a link and i will help you out as well.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First Year Dynasty Draft..WHIR

Postby BsoxTornado » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:51 pm

I like your infield a lot...and your pitching is solid and deep as well. My concern is your OF. Not sure it has the power or pop needed. I would try to keep my eye out for a billy buter, votto or another up and coming prospect who is going to have a breakout year...maybe even Jay Bruce.

Other than that, well done.
BsoxTornado
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Montana168 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:04 pm

thanks for the analysis. i love my infield as well, they are all extremely young and have tremendous careers ahead in braun, loney, cano, and mccann. i agree my OF has absolutely no pop...but all the guys you mentioned were all drafted before my 3rd OF brad hawpe. bulter, bruce, bourn, votto, are all gone. the only hope really for another stud OF is if one of my guys pan out or if a guy like mclouth or a guy not on the yahoo database.

also homer bailey just was dropped because he is mostly likely starting the year in AAA, do you guys think i should drop one of my hitters for him? also once LAD P Clayton Kershaw and CIN P joey cueto become available on yahoo i plan on snatching them. who do u guys think i should drop between c-pat, brendan harris, hiroki kuroda, and jeremy guthrie.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrestlecd » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:31 pm

I like your team a lot for a dynasty. It has a lot of promise for future years. I am very high on Cueto and Kershaw and would probally drop Harris and CPat for them. You might have your replacement for Braun next year with LaRoche on your bench but we both need to see if he is going to produce at the level we have all expected for years now. For your 2nd Util I would consider moving Ethier in and Garko out but wait to see if Ethier gets the starting job over Pierre which is being speculated right now. If he does not then I would leave Garko there.

Help with mine: viewtopic.php?t=327818
wrestlecd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby trueaskew » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Thank you for the help.

I really like the infield. Young and fresh. Full of talent. Rollins will be great for the next few years. Outfield is a bit weak.

Pitching is also young and fresh. Joba is going to be a star one day. I don't really like Wang, but I suppose you had to fill it out.
"God, I hope I wear this jersey forever."
-Derek Jeter
trueaskew
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks for your help bro. I like your team a lot. While your OF may appear weak now, I think it has very nice potential. I'm looking for Hermida to break out. I like Ryan Garko in your UTL. Be sure to trade Penny before the 2nd half begins...we all know how terrible he can be in 2nd halves.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Thanks for the comment.

I'm not generally familiar with deep leagues but here goes nothing.

For such a deep league I like your starting hitters, besides Hart I'm kinda wary on your other outfielders, Hawpe I'm just not sold on but he is a Rockie so that always spells good things. Really like the Ethier and Reynolds picks, if both get lots of playing time each good have big seasons.

Overall you have some nice youth in your hitting. Laroache I believe is injured so keep an eye on that, I'd also get rid of Harris, I just don't think you need him.

Very strong pitching staff so that should be your Achilles heal. If I'm you I'm looking to trade Gregg, hes had a rough spring and he is a Marlin so I wouldn't expect too many saves there, swing him for Soria maybe but since its dynasty that might be tough :-?

Nonetheless potential starter in Joba on bench and Kuroda also could be a real good pick late, he has looked alright in spring thus far, and its always nice to have pitchers in pitchers parks.

As for your util spots, I would also go with Garko and Cuddyer, right now those two are guaranteed starting job and should get playing time so keep them there for now.

So whos on your waiver wire? I think Harris and Patterson are kind of expendable and there might be some better options out there, probably could use a good young pitcher.

Overall your teams lucky which will help you in long run, GL ;-D
Chicago 2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Montana168 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:51 pm

So whos on your waiver wire? I think Harris and Patterson are kind of expendable and there might be some better options out there, probably could use a good young pitcher.

thanks for the in depth reply, much appreciated.

there isn't much on the WW as far as young guys. bulter, bourn, bruce, rasmus, maybin, guys of that caliber and youth are all gone. one guy that is intriguing that is there though is nate mclouth. if he wins the starting job i plan on picking him up and dropping c-pat. i mainly picked up c-pat because i need the steals badly but mclouth could be that guy.

i just dropped harris for bailey. another guy drafted him in the 20th round (out of 30) because he's scared that he's going to start the year in AAA. i personally hope he does start the year in AAA so he can get his control back and so dusty baker doesn't blow his arm out. i plan on benching him for now and see how he does in AAA and if he is doing well i will let him ride the pine for a year.

i also said earlier that i plan on picking up LAD P Clayton Kershaw and CIN P Johnny Cueto when they become available on the WW. I like to carry a lot of hitters because they are harder to get on the WW during the season so do you guys think i should drop hiroki kuroda and jeremy guthrie for those 2 guys?? guthrie is 29 and looks like he has tapped his potential, and while kuroda is struggling a bit...he still is 33ish. i think i should pull the trigger on that because i would have an amazing future staff with joba, kershaw, cueto, and bailey. add to that the guys i have now...cc, billingsley, mcgowan etc.

tell me what you think.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team