Rate my team? I think it is dominant... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team? I think it is dominant...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team? I think it is dominant...

Postby jbruku » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Hey guys,

I would appreciate any commentary on this squad i drafted in a 5x5 12-team league. I think it is rather stellar, but analysis on what I might be lacking/potential trade ideas would be fabulous.

Thanks!

C - Mcann
1b - Loney, Garko
2b - Utley, Upton
3b - Aramis Ramirez, Longoria
SS - Hardy
OF - Markakis, Chris Young, Hermida, Bourne, Cust, Maybin

SP - Hamels, Dice K, Garza, Cain, Lester, Scott Baker
RP - BJ Ryan, Broxton
jbruku
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team? I think it is dominant...

Postby totalair32 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Pitching has a lot of question marks. Line up looks solid. I might try and move Upton for some help at SS. I'm not too high on Hardy this. 1B will make or break you. If Garko or Loney is solid, your bats will be tough. I'm not too high on your relievers Garza, Lester, and Baker are marginal.

Dice-K and Hamels should be fine as long as they stay healthy. Cain will be great as long as he gets some wins.

Like the picks of Cust and Bourne, they could be solid 1 CAT helpers. Ramirez must stay healthy or Longoria needs to be Ryan Braun for you.
totalair32
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team? I think it is dominant...

Postby Torr » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Let's see... I think between Loney and Garko one will pay off for you. I also don't like Hardy too much, but I kinda like Upton. Can he play OF in your league? I'd rather keep Upton if he can play and not be Utley's benchwarmer. You might be able to hold off and see how Longoria comes along... I'd almost rather have Longoria, package Aramis Ramirez with Hardy and maybe try and make a play for a better shortstop like Tulowitski perhaps. I'm a Markakis and Young fan, so your outfield seems decent enough.

Pitching seems slightly off. Hamels needs to stay healthy; Dice-K will give you K's but hurt ERA (though I picked him up in the 18th round for the wins). Luckily it doesn't look like you have a huge bench in this league so you should be able to stream in some pitching, maybe find a hot pitcher on the free agent market during the course of the year.

I think overall your bats are good but you probably need to make one move to be real solid, and your pitching could use another arm but I think you'll be able to pick that up without a trade if your observant.
Torr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team