Custom H2H league.. what's your opinion? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Custom H2H league.. what's your opinion?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Custom H2H league.. what's your opinion?

Postby Torr » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Hey everyone, new visitor to these forums. Thought I would start by putting my team up here. I’ll throw some information at you first, but you can skip right to the lineup if it gets boring. I’m in a 10-man H2H league with people who know each other well. It’s very competitive and we’ve been doing it for a few years, and plenty of trash talking happens offline.

Our league is non-standard, as it is slanted a bit towards batting: take a standard 5X5 league and add in K’s and OBP on the batting side, making it 7-5 batting to pitching. Our bench is kinda small and adds/drops will cost you. League setup is as follows:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util
P (any), RP
7 Bench Spots
Pitcher Minimum Innings 7

I made one big trade after the draft where I gave up Sizemore and Harang for Ramirez and Bay, ending with the following lineup:

C : Brian McCann
1B: Carlos Pena
2B: Brian Roberts
3B: Alex Rodriguez
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Carl Crawford
OF: Alex Rios
OF: Raul Ibanez
UT: Adrian Beltre
Bench: Jason Bay

SP: John Smoltz
SP: Scott Kazmir
SP: Javier Vasquez
SP: Daisuke Matsuzaka
SP: Tim Lincecum
SP : Francisco Liriano
SP : Jered Weaver
RP : Chad Cordero

I could put Bay in over Ibanez but I’m trying to cut down my batter K’s which are pretty bad. My personal feeling is that I’m overloaded on Stolen Bases and quite strong with pitcher K’s. I could use a little work with my RBIs and ERA, and I’m pretty bad at batter K’s.

I’ve tried to trade away steal for RBIs/K’s (I’ve offered Brian Roberts for Cano, and Carl Crawford for Guerrero) but I haven’t hooked any takers. I’m not the most dominant pitching staff in the league, but I have some upside and I couldn’t pass up trading away Harang to get Ramirez (as my draft day shortstop was Khalil Greene who was trashing my averages).

So what do you guys think about my team? Is it good enough? What should I improve on and at what cost? I’m the king of steals and the Robinson Cano owner could certainly use them, so I might keep trying to wear him down as the season goes on. Though Roberts on the Cubs intrigues me for some reason.
Torr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team