Championship Team? whir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Championship Team? whir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Championship Team? whir

Postby KingCapibara » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:18 pm

Just had a 12-Team not keeper draft last night. How do you think I did?

C- B.Molina
1B- J.Morneau
2B- J.Kent
3B- M.Cabrera
SS- M.Tejada
OF- G.Sizemore
OF- N.Markakis
OF- M.Ramirez
UTL- J.Pierre
BN- B.Butler
BN - J.Votto
BN- Y.Escobar

SP- R.Oswalt
SP- F.Carmona
RP- R.Soriano
RP- J.Soria
P- J.Vazquez
P- J.Borowski
P- J.Francis
BN- R.Betancourt
BN- M.Parra
KingCapibara
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Championship Team? whir

Postby Redlegs » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 pm

pretty good. good power. may want some more speed. should be some good speedsters available on ww. also if k's by pitchers are counted, you look like you may need some help there.

hope that helps, good luck
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby candyman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:50 pm

I like the team...

You aren't gonna get a boatload of steals though. Markakis will nab 15-20, Sizemore 35, and pierre 50-65... Other than that you don't have anybody that'll still more than 3 or 4 bags.

Your infield is very good from a hitting standpoint, but a lot of teams will get some SB production from those guys, you aren't going to get it.

Other than trying to add some speed, I don't see a whole lot else I'd do to your hitting right now.

I'm not sold on Vazquez or Carmona just yet. But they could have very good years. I don't know if I would be banking on them as you seem to be.

See what there is out there on the WW, and if you can't find an insurance plan for those two and a guy to swipe some bags to put in your infield. Try to get a SS that'll swipe some bags and a power arm for Tejada and Carmona/Vazquez

Help me out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=327996
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby r8rferg » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:53 pm

You have championship caliber offense. I ditto the SB comments of the previous posters. You need to improve your starting pitching. You have no high K pitchers. I would package one of your middle of the road closers like Soria or Borowski with a decent SP to get a stud SP like Peavy, Webb, Haren (who I think is being way undervalued by most people)

Would love some input on your end. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=327896
r8rferg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana168 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 pm

very solid team. your hitters are great, your OF is amazing. i would be a little concerned though with jeff kent at 2B because of his spring training injury and his age. i would also watch pierre because i think ethier may start instead of him in LF at some point this year if pierre struggles.

your top 2 pitchers are solid but after that ya got nothing. keep an eye on the WW for pitchers and prospects in the middle of the year that will make major league debuts.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=328049
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KingCapibara » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:35 pm

yeah i agree, i saw pitching and sb as my main weaknesses. i wanted to snag someone like linceum, or even buchholz or hughes, but they were taken right before I had a chance to. my oswalt, carmona, vazquez trio is not shabby, as I do think people undervalue vazquez. any other advice or pitchers/ sb threats I could pick up?
KingCapibara
College Coach
College Coach

Postby r8rferg » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Your top 3 starters are good, but I think you are a little guilty of not being objective since you drafted your guys. Vazquez is underrated as you said. However, he is only underrated if he performs like he did last year or in 2001-2003. If he reverts back to 2004 to 2006 form you are in trouble. He is only one year removed from a three-year streak of an ERA of nearly 5!!! He is a Jekyl and Hyde but at least he strikes guys out though. Oswalt is a little overrated in my humble opinion. His K's and ERA have steadily increased over the last 3 years although he is still solid and can be expected to get you about 16 wins. Fausto Carmona is a little risky for a 3rd starter. Sure he won 19 games last year, but drafting for wins is about the most risky thing you can do with your staff. Wins are too dependent on luck and the performance of a pitcher's team. Look at Matt Cain last year for example. He won 7 games last year despite 32 starts, and 22 quality starts, which was eleventh in the MLB last year. Carmona's value is inflated due to his high win total last year. If you expect him to get a more realistic 14 or 15 wins, his other stats make him very replaceable. Well that's my short justification for why I think you need another big arm. ;-) I don't dislike any of your pitchers, I just think you could use one more stud and you definitely have the offensive fire power to make it happen.
r8rferg
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team