Rate my shiny new team!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my shiny new team!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my shiny new team!!

Postby Howie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:43 am

Hey everyone. I just drafted in a 10 team h2h 6x6 (standards cats plus ops and homers allowed). I kind of punted steals and concentrated on power (especially since ops is also a category). What do you guys think?

c - mccann
1b - ortiz
2b - kinsler
3b - atkins
ss - tejada
of - holliday
of - hart
of - francoeur
util - teixiera
util - butler
bench - votto
bench - j. upton

sp - webb
sp - halladay
sp - liriano
rp - rivera
rp - lidge
rp - b. wilson
p - bj ryan
p - mcgowan
bench - wainwright
bench - blanton
bench - hudson
Last edited by Howie on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my shiny new team!!

Postby sebreum » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:49 pm

well for starters i like your pitching, however i don't ever like to go closer heavy like you did but that's just me, provided liarno is healthy your starters look in good shape. as far as hitting goes i'd dump tejada and get someone else, i'd try to package him somewhere, and i'm not a huge upton fan but other than that looks good
sebreum Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:52 pm

normally i would question having 4 closers, but i think one needs to consider who the closers are.
Wilson in SF, how many save ops is he going to get? and even then how good will he be? limited experience.
Lidge is currently injured. even when he returns how will he do? he did loose the job during the season last year.
BJ Ryan coming back from surgery, how good will he be early in the season?
if the 4 closers pitch to their potential then a trade can be made during the season, but id hold them all for now.. unless you can get great value based on their potential.

i like all the hitters, even the potential of Votto/Upton off the bench.
i guess im higher on Tejada than the previous poster, he could have big power numbers in Houston.

i like the pitching too, and if Liriano is healthy he could be a huge bonus.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Howie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks to both of you. Also, for some reason i put that i had Marcum on my team, when i really have McGowan. I mixed up the Blue Jay pitchers.

If anyone else wants to help, dont hesitate to leave a link. ;-D
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby r8rferg » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:24 pm

I really like your team. Hitters are solid. I would try to improve SP. I too am not a big fan of drafting closer heavy in pitching. It's just too voloatile of a position and I'd prefer to go with more stable starters when drafting. If your pitchers perform to potential you will do very well. If any of them fall to their potential injury woes then you may struggle and have to dip into that offense in a few months to improve your pitching. My only advice would be to try to get one more solid SP. Great draft though.

viewtopic.php?t=327896
r8rferg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Giambi Juice » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:30 pm

Great team. Your lineup is really solid, and I like that you didn't focus on SB because you can always pick them up throughout the year, especially in a 10 team league. Also, I would say forget crappy closers, they loose their jobs every other week, pick up some really solid SU men, like Bell or Broxton or a couple more SP. Ortiz, Holliday and Texeriera looks sooo nice, good job.
Giambi Juice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Howie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks. Well, believe it or not, i did not plan to draft closers early, and i actually snagged Rivera in the 11th, Lidge in the 13th, and Ryan in the 18th. I felt that i could not pass up any of those closers at those spots, especially Rivera.
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby candyman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:44 pm

i like the team a lot... Not focusing on steals was the right thing to do with OPS added into the equation.

You've got tons of power and it'll benefit you big time. I also like your pitching staff. Liriano is a huge risk/reward kind of guy, but you've got enough depth to cover the risk. So if he turns out dominant you'll be in great shape, if he busts you seem to be covered.

Everybody is talking about your RP but I think it might benefit you going closer heavy with HR allowed as a category... 4 closers should help minimize your HR allowed, especially since most will be going with 5 starters 3 closers... Plus if Ryan or Lidge falters you can always plug McGowan in, and he should be real good this season.

Help me out?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=327996
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby IrishDrunk » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:32 am

Your team seems pretty solid! Infield is great, as are your SP's - Liriano worries me, but, he's been doing well in spring training (for what that's worth!)...Hopefully Ryan pans out, but, I think he's rushed himself back and his arm is going to fall off...overall, though, good work!
IrishDrunk
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team