Yahoo draft interface: Ugly or Ugliest? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo draft interface: Ugly or Ugliest?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo draft interface: Ugly or Ugliest?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:19 pm

I don't care much for the interface either, as long as it's simple and functional. I don't mind having to pre-rank my own rankings as the Yahoo pre-ranks aren't all that great (worse on MDC).

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:19 pm

I've done drafts for years on Yahoo, but this year we switched some of our leagues to ESPN (free keeper leagues), and I like the ESPN interface more in general. They both serve the same basic functionality, and ESPN PLAYS MUSIC WHEN IT'S YOUR TURN. I had two drafts at the same time last night, and I had no clue when I was up in Yahoo, so I had to have a friend IM me when it was my turn. However, it's much easier to look at your opponents rosters on Yahoo then ESPN. I like being able to just click on the flag to pull up their roster, versus having to mess with that drop down list everytime I wanted to look at other rosters.

Overall though, I like ESPN better...
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Yahoo's is definitely not the ugliest... the CBS interface as a whole is so much worse. It might be a little "slicker" as with everything with CBS vs. Yahoo, but it is VERY glitchy and slow. I'll take Yahoo's every day and twice on Sunday by comparison.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby hot4tx » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:06 pm

I've drafted in several different sites and I like Yahoo's the best. It doesn't allow the commish to stop the draft if there's an error or anything, but that's also probably a good thing or else when the guy that picks the RP Ryan Braun in the 5th round complains, you'd have to stop and go back.

I admit it's been a few years since I played ESPN but I didn't like it quite as much as I like Yahoo. I play in a couple CBS leagues a year and that's one's a mess. It's the most customizable but that's probably part of the problem. It's a miracle if we get through a draft in that one without it crashing at least someone's computer or freezing up once. I didn't like Sandbox.com either. It's was very tough for me to navigate and I felt tense, lost and confused, when I am usually a pretty calm and relaxed drafter.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Zhangman1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:18 pm

it would be AWESOME if yahoo played some sort of chime when it's your turn
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers