Do I have enough offense? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Do I have enough offense?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do I have enough offense?

Postby Nomarrrrrrrrrr » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:16 am

It is standard 5x5 roto, 12 teamer. I have some iffy guys like Beltran and his knees but I think I have enough power/speed but might be bad in average and rbi/run production. Is this offense good enough to be upper middle of the road so I can win with my good pitching?
C McCann
1b C. Pena
2b Kinsler
SS Hardy
3b Wright
OF Beltan, Pierre, Fukudome
Util Ankiel
Bench Irod, Cameron
Nomarrrrrrrrrr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do I have enough offense?

Postby mannin52 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:45 am

i like it ! but if u wanna tweak, i would trade Irod and fukudome for a power bat. people will love the hype around fukudome, and will go out of there way to get a "solid" catcher like pudge. i bet u can get a solid 25+homer guy.
mannin52
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nomarrrrrrrrrr » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:54 am

mannin52 wrote:i like it ! but if u wanna tweak, i would trade Irod and fukudome for a power bat. people will love the hype around fukudome, and will go out of there way to get a "solid" catcher like pudge. i bet u can get a solid 25+homer guy.

Yeah I am trying to swing something like that but I might use Pudge to get a low level closer. He has had a great spring and now Leyland says he will bat leadoff against alot of lefties. Do you think Cameron is worth holding onto until he gets through the 25 game suspension? The best guys available for me to pick up to play Util are...
Alou
Duncan
Rowand
Delgado
K. Greene
Bruce
Rasmus
Cust
and Corey Patterson is an interesting option if he hits leadoff for Cincy.
Nomarrrrrrrrrr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby citti34 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:21 am

I think you know that you have a lot of players who are iffy and just had career season's. I would try to trade for another big bat. Maybe find someone else who believes in Pena and take one of his for sure studs.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=327965
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nomarrrrrrrrrr » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:49 pm

citti34 wrote:I think you know that you have a lot of players who are iffy and just had career season's. I would try to trade for another big bat. Maybe find someone else who believes in Pena and take one of his for sure studs.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=327965

I didn't draft those guys too high though. I took Pena in the 7th round, Kinsler in the 6th and JJ Hardy in the 16th. I think Kinsler will put up better numbers than he did last year. He got off to a great start then was hurt and fell off. Same goes for Hardy but I don't expect more than 20 hr and a .280 avg from him. Pena I expect a .275 avg, 35 hr and 100 rbi or somewhere in that ballpark. Wright and McCann could definitely put up numbers better than last year and I think Beltran will atleast match what he did in an injury plagued year last year. He might get off to a slow start with the knees but in the end he will benefit from the cleanup surgeries. I don't many big name bats but I think I have a pretty solid offense except for the OF. I am trying to trade for an upgrade at OF. I think I have plenty of power and speed but a low average and therefore probably low runs and rbi totals.
Nomarrrrrrrrrr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Eightan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:55 pm

citti34 wrote:I think you know that you have a lot of players who are iffy and just had career season's. I would try to trade for another big bat. Maybe find someone else who believes in Pena and take one of his for sure studs

Agreed. I think Pena is iffy. Also, see if you can move Pierre to some team who's got no one who steals.

help with mine please... posting.php?mode=post&f=29
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team