New to FAAB, suggestions... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

New to FAAB, suggestions...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New to FAAB, suggestions...

Postby daltman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 am

Hi guys,

Just started a new dynasty league. We had our auction, which creates each players salary for the year. We also run FAAB system on CBS every Sunday Night and whatever you bid on a player will be his salary, with a cap of $260 and FA Budget of $200. We have run into a problem already. We had a 2 for 1 trade after the auction. What do we do if this happens mid-week during the season. The team with the extra guy can simply drop a player to conform to the 23 player limit, but the other team now has 1 less player. I don't like a team being allowed to carry less than the 23 players in a cap league. Am I wrong in that? Should we make a rule that states you have until the next FAAB session to fill the spot? I was also thinking of just running FAAB everynight but I fear that players won't have time to be bid up on. Can anyone suggest what I do here or what you do in your established league that already works?
daltman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New to FAAB, suggestions...

Postby Matthias » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:55 am

I think you're creating unnecessary complexities.

The only case that this really would violate anything is if someone did a 2-for-1 trade, giving them 22 players and $260 cap. Otherwise, they could always get some player for $1 and have a legal roster and legal cap.

Just announce that, if you make a trade, you have to have at least $1 free for every empty spot on your roster. And then let people sort it out. The solution of running the FAAB every night is worse than the problem it's trying to solve.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasia » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:02 am

Or you could say that all trades have to include an equal number of players from both sides. If they want to do a 2 for 1 trade, the guy giving up the one could throw in some slug on his roster to make the trade work.
Fantasia
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthias » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:28 pm

Fantasia wrote:Or you could say that all trades have to include an equal number of players from both sides. If they want to do a 2 for 1 trade, the guy giving up the one could throw in some slug on his roster to make the trade work.

Bad idea. We do 32-man rosters and I still can't think of anyone on my roster as a slug who I would just throw in to make a 2-for-1 trade work logistically.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasia » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:45 am

[quote="Matthias"][quote="Fantasia"]Or you could say that all trades have to include an equal number of players from both sides. If they want to do a 2 for 1 trade, the guy giving up the one could throw in some slug on his roster to make the trade work.[/quote]
Bad idea. We do 32-man rosters and I [i]still[/i] can't think of anyone on my roster as a slug who I would just throw in to make a 2-for-1 trade work logistically.[/quote]
Well then, you wouldn't make that theoretical trade. If the player were important enough for your team, you would find a way to do it, even if it meant reconfiguring the whole deal. The idea behind a trade, is to get the numbers, don't get too hung up on the player or the personality.
Fantasia
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthias » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:04 am

Fine. But you're creating obstructions to trading simply because of how you have the league set up. That's bad IMO, especially when you don't have to.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby daltman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:19 am

Thanks Matthias I used your suggestion with the empty roster spots for $1.
daltman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner