14 team roto league how'd I do? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

14 team roto league how'd I do? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

14 team roto league how'd I do? WHIR

Postby rja8719 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:35 am

Had a draft Saturday for a 14 team 5x5 roto league. I've never done a draft with this many teams before but I think my team turned out ok. Comments at the end, appreciate any opinions.

1. (2) David Wright 3B
2. (27) Curtis Granderson OF
3. (30) Brandon Webb SP
4. (55) Manny Ramírez OF
5. (58) Derek Jeter SS
6. (83) Joe Mauer C
7. (86) Roy Oswalt SP
8. (111) Bobby Jenks RP
9. (114) Jason Bay OF
10. (139) Brad Penny SP
11. (142) B.J. Ryan RP
12. (167) Tim Hudson SP
13. (170) Derek Lowe SP
14. (195) Gil Meche SP
15. (198) Carlos Delgado 1B
16. (223) Aaron Hill 2B
17. (226) J.D. Drew OF
18. (251) Garret Anderson OF
19. (254) Jeff Kent 2B
20. (279) Richie Sexson 1B
21. (282) Scott Rolen 3B

When I saw I had the 2nd pick I was really unsure who to take, I feel the pick is very close between Wright and Hanley, their numbers seem so similar, I decided to go with Wright because Hanley just had surgery, and his spot in the lineup could get switched around etc, Wright just seemed like the more consistent one right now.

I grabbed Webb 3rd because I wanted to make sure I had an ace, I usually like to grab one in the 3rd round and I expect Webb to do well this season.

I normally wait on closers as long as possible, my rule is generally not to take one before round 10, but Papelbon and Putz went in round 5 and many others went soon after. I noticed Jenks still there a few picks before it got to me and decided that if he fell I would grab him, as I think he is better than some of the other closers that were being picked before him. Also, there are 1250 maximum innings in this league, so I definitely felt I needed 2 closers because having extra starters instead wouldn't work so well. This is why I took B.J. Ryan in the 11th round, I feel people are forgetting about him and if healthy he should be good.

In a 14 team league it's hard to get every position filled perfectly, and I basically ended up giving up on getting a stud at 1B or 2B, I don't think Hill is much worse than some of the other 2B that get picked before him so I didn't mind him at all. I'm not as sure on Delgado but there was no one else and I'm just hoping he improves on last year.

After J.D. Drew the rest was autopicked as I had to leave, if any of them are players that anyone thinks I should obviously be dropping please let me know, and who I should look for to pick up from the wire. Thanks.
rja8719
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14 team roto league how'd I do? WHIR

Postby High Heater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 am

wrong forum, team looks solid though, you should of gambled with the later picks instead of the sexson ect
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team