H2HWS VA Team drafted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

H2HWS VA Team drafted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2HWS VA Team drafted

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:18 pm

I picked in the 12 spot of this 12-teamer, 6x6 (OPS & Holds)

1. Santana
2. Braun
3. Manny
4. Hafner
5. Hart
6. Kinsler
7. M. Young
8. B. Wagner
9. Myers
10. Kemp
11. Maine
12. Loney
13. Gagne
14. Wainwright
15. Butler
16. Accardo
17. Bourn
18. Greinke
19. S. Shields
20. Pierzynski
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2HWS VA Team drafted

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:30 pm

Good team. You managed to load up well on power despite taking Johan. I think you're a wee bit thin on pitching, but when you have Johan on your staff, it's one step towards building quality. Good snags with Myers, Maine, Wainwright, and Greinke. RP is fine as well. I like the Kemp bargain (lowest I've seen him go really) and more so on Butler. ;-D

If you want to see my World Series team:
viewtopic.php?t=327540

And then, there's some other thread I have with both my California and USA West teams which I'm lazy to post. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:37 pm

Love Hart at Pick 60 -- in H2HWS USA East I had the 12th pick and took him in Round 4 to make sure I got him. Had I known he'd be available at 60th, that would've been awesome. Nice pick there.

Not huge on the Michael Young pick in the 7th. If I don't get one of the first 6 of so SS, I'm waiting until Round 20 to get one of Greene, Theriot, Cabrera, Peralta, or whomever you prefer.

One thing I see is that you've got Braun and Hart who can steal you some bases, Bourn who I don't think is in your daily lineup, and then not much else in terms of speed.

Love the Shields/Accardo Setup man combo, though Wagner as your only Closer is questionable.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Love Hart at Pick 60 -- in H2HWS USA East I had the 12th pick and took him in Round 4 to make sure I got him. Had I known he'd be available at 60th, that would've been awesome. Nice pick there.

Not huge on the Michael Young pick in the 7th. If I don't get one of the first 6 of so SS, I'm waiting until Round 20 to get one of Greene, Theriot, Cabrera, Peralta, or whomever you prefer.

One thing I see is that you've got Braun and Hart who can steal you some bases, Bourn who I don't think is in your daily lineup, and then not much else in terms of speed.

Love the Shields/Accardo Setup man combo, though Wagner as your only Closer is questionable.

I've got Gagne too. ;-D

Also as far as speed, I'm not that big on it in H2H. Kinsler(23), Braun(15), Young(13), Hart(23), Kemp(10), and Bourn(18) will suffice(last year's sb in parentheses). I think I plan on just spot starting Bourn if I get behind early in the week.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:20 am

I like your team too. Just have to hope Gagne stays healthy and Hafner returns to form. Heres to finishing 1-2 and moving on to the USA east next year.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby chris8 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:08 am

Looks like a solid team to me ;-D

I go with the same tactic re: speed in H2H, so I think you're fine with who you've got. Be nice to have 1 more starter if possible, but that's a minor point really.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team