Drafted last night.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Drafted last night....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drafted last night....

Postby CyCarp » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Alright, 6x6 (H, RBI, HR, R, SB, AVG / IP, W, S, ERA, K, WHIP) 12 team auction keeper league (was 10 team last year, so a lot of the top guys not kept, were taken by the 2 incoming teams who had first dibs this year). The rookies are a separate roster (and was a separate draft) who can be called up the beginning of each year for $1, or after the draft for $15. Overall I'm happy considering it is a fairly deep league, but not thrilled. After everyone keepers, Berkman was the 2nd best power bat out there (behind Pujols who was overpaid last year and not kept this year) which I needed. The only reason I have Barton is because he was on my rookie roster last year and only cost $1 to keep. My 1 sleeper is Crosby, hoping he can get rid of the injury bug. I only drafted Carpenter because there was nothing out there for pichers, and getting him for $1, 1. I have time to look more into what pitchers to pick for him when I put him on the DL, and 2. Keep him for $1 next year. I got stuck with Feliz at the bottom of the 3rd baseman barrel, as 3rd basemen were in demand and greatly overpaid, but at least he gives me some power. But overall, I think I have a decent combination of power and speed (a little worried about AVG and hits) of offense, with a solid rotation.

* = who I kept, **= who I kept as a rookie
C - Brian McCann, Ivan Rodriguez
1B - Lance Berkman, Daric Barton**
2B - Placido Polanco, Kelly Johnson
SS - Julio Lugo, Bobby Crosby
3B - Adrian Beltre, Pedro Feliz
OF - Eric Byrnes*, Torri Hunter*, Corey Hart*, Willy Taveras, Rick Ankiel
UTIL - Michael Bourn, David DeJesus

SP - Dan Haren*, Brandon Webb*, Adam Wainwright*, Felix Hernandez*, James Shields
RP - Francisco Rodriguez, Billy Wagner
P - Chris Carpenter

ROOKIES - Colby Rasmus, Clayton Kershaw, Andrew McCutchen, Jacob McGee
CyCarp
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team