good team i think...can i have your opinion? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

good team i think...can i have your opinion?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

good team i think...can i have your opinion?

Postby soccerfan158 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:58 am

C-Russel Martin
1B-Justin Morneau
2B-Brian Roberts
3B-Alex Rodriguez
BN(3B)-Aramis Ramirez
SS-Carlos Guillen
OF-Raul Ibanez
OF-Ichiro Suzuki
OF-Vladimir Guerrero
BN(OF)-Brad Hawpe (i will start him once he is healthy)
BN(OF)-Johnny Damon
U-David Ortiz
SP-Chien-Ming Wang
SP-C.C. Sabathia
SP-Jake Peavy
BN(SP)-Bronson Arroyo
BN(SP)-Jeremy Bonderman (I dropped him for Daisuke Matsuzaka but it is still on the waivers)
RP-Chad Cordero
RP-Billy Wagner
P-Andy Pettitte
P-Felix Hernandez

Well what do u think? I think i have a solid pitching staff except maybe for my relief pitchers. And i have a solid hitting staff also. But i do need your help and opinion. It is a 6 team league. If u could tell me who to drop and who to pick up. Also tell me what good trades could i make with my team for better players. Finally tell me if it was a good idea to drop Jeremy Bonderman for Daisuke Matsuzaka. THANKS!!!
soccerfan158
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: good team i think...can i have your opinion?

Postby chris8 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:39 am

It is a good team, although to be fair, in a 6-team league, everyone should have a good team! :-)

Biggest thing I can see is that you need more than 2 closers, or you will get left behind in saves. If there are any on the WW (which there should be in a league that size), I would drop Pettitte to pick one up.

Another thing which strikes me is that I wonder whether it is worth you holding on to Aramis Ramirez. With ARod at 3B & Ortiz at Util, how often will he actually make your line-up? As one of the top 5 3B, he could actually get you some huge value in a trade. Check out whichever teams don't have one of Wright, Cabrera & Braun, and ask if they'd be interested in ARam. You could get a better OF than Hawpe or Ibanez in return, or one of the elite closers.

And dropping Bondo for Dice-K was a good move! ;-D
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team