Rate my team 10 team redraft 5x5 WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team 10 team redraft 5x5 WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team 10 team redraft 5x5 WHIR

Postby Justblaze » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:30 am

Well after much anticipation the draft is over. I am very happy with my draft. Pay league, 22 rounds. I was stoked that with so many people high on the "young guns" I was able to snatch the savvy veterans.

10 team: non keeper, no bench, no DL, only 2 reserves. : the ?? are open roster spots I have.

C:AJ Pierzynski (20th)
C: ??
1B: Derek Lee (4th)
2B: ??
3B: Aramis Ramirez (6th)
SS: Jose Reyes (1st)
OF: Vlad (2nd)
OF: Soriano (3rd)
OF: Abreu (5th)
OF: Bay (8th)
OF: Dye (14th)
U: Helton (15th)
U: Lowell (18th)

P: Halladay (9th)
P: Young (10th)
P: Hill (12th)
P: Harden (16th)
P: Hudson (17th)
P: Rivera (7th)
P: Saito (11th)
P: Lidge (13th)
P: Borowski (19th)

Reserve: Delgado (21st) Accardo (22nd)

I have to wait for the waivers to clear, but I obviously will have to pick up a C and 2B. I'm leaning towards Polanco, Pedrioa, or Matsui at 2B and C doesn't really matter. I like Polanco the best, but I need more SB guys so probably going with one that can steal 20.

Since Fanta asked here are the list of C I am thinking about grabbing. Since nothing is great I will have to wait for them to clear waivers. Napoli, Barrett, Torrealba, Doumit, Lo Duca, Buck, Laird, and Snyder

What do you guys think?
Last edited by Justblaze on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team 10 team redraft 5x5 WHIR

Postby FantaSeeBball » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:53 am

hey thanks for your help. id take polanco over pedroia but matsui will get you the steals. seeing as soriano seems iffy in his running ablities....you might need the SBs. but polancos average is so darn nice....and the stacked lineup hes in now...i might just take him. as for catcher....towles, napoli? those guys still available?
FantaSeeBball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Metsown » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:53 am

Justblaze wrote:C:AJ Pierzynski (20th)
C: ??
1B: Derek Lee (4th)
2B: ??
3B: Aramis Ramirez (6th)
SS: Jose Reyes (1st)
OF: Vlad (2nd)
OF: Soriano (3rd)
OF: Abreu (5th)
OF: Bay (8th)
OF: Dye (14th)
U: Helton (15th)
U: Lowell (18th)

P: Halladay (9th)
P: Young (10th)
P: Hill (12th)
P: Harden (16th)
P: Hudson (17th)
P: Rivera (7th)
P: Saito (11th)
P: Lidge (13th)
P: Borowski (19th)

Reserve: Delgado (21st) Accardo (22nd)

What do you guys think?

Very solid team. How in the world did you get Soriano in the 3rd round and Halladay in the 9th?? Well however you did it, good job ;-D
I like your pitching, maybe you could trade lidge for 2b? and hope Ryan gets hurt/sucks so that Accardo regains the closer job. You think you could get Kendrick or Weeks for Lidge?
Other than that, very solid team ;-D

viewtopic.php?t=327602
Metsown
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Justblaze » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 am

How in the world did you get Soriano in the 3rd round and Halladay in the 9th?? Well however you did it, good job ;-D
I like your pitching, maybe you could trade lidge for 2b? and hope Ryan gets hurt/sucks so that Accardo regains the closer job. You think you could get Kendrick or Weeks for Lidge?

Man I was thinking the same thing. I do a annual $$ league and each year has it's surprises. Last year it was A-rod falling to me with the 3rd pick. I also got Holliday in the 3rd and Vlad in the 2nd. For that reason I won that year.

This year it was people taking guys like B Phillips (second to last pick in 2nd), Upton (1st pick in the 3rd), and guys like Oswalt and Halladay falling to 8th and 9th respectively. Guys like Kazmir, Bedard, and King Felix were taken in the 6th, and 7th. I was simply stunned. I took chances on some veterans hoping they will bounce back this year. I got criticized for taking Abreu and Lee, but I think these guys have good chances to bounce back. I saw what Posada did in the contract year, imagine what Abreu can do! I kind of have a man-crush on Harden and Bay, so it was kind of an unnecessary risk taking them.

Soriano fell to me probably because of his up and down season last year. These were the consecutive guys taken before he got to me....Peavy, Phillips,Texiera(i actually wanted him, contract year), Upton, V-Mart, Maggs, and then Soriano (I actually took the full-time to choose him because Beltran was still there. Ultimately took Soriano because Beltran has off-season arthroscopic surgery on both knees and doesn't play well injured. I had him last year).
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Don G. » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:31 am

Hey very nice team. You'll make everyone regret the Soriano pick. He's a 1st rounder that dropped last year because of an up and down year but he got comfortable towards the end. There were just growing pains involved. He'll carry your team this year and he will steal bases.

I could never recommend to someone to go with Kaz Matsui over Placido Polanco. I don't even see how you need steals with Reyes (who is in a league of his own), Soriano & Abreu (who will also steal a couple). I don't like Pedroia. He's coming back down to earth this year and regardless, the Red Sox don't swipe bases.

A couple of those catchers may do well this year. I believe Snyder turns the magical 27 years old so he's someone to keep an eye on. Napoli may end up having a breakout year too. Out of those guys though, I would have to say pick up Michael Barrett. He's proven himself in the past. He's probably your best pick for now but any of those other guys may also help. As an added bonus, I believe Napoli will steal you a couple of bases.

Please rate my team.
viewtopic.php?t=327618
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby krunchyfrogg » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Solid, very nice!

viewtopic.php?t=327504
Looking forward to back to back championships in 2011!
krunchyfrogg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team