What time do Yahoo waivers clear? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What time do Yahoo waivers clear?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What time do Yahoo waivers clear?

Postby mbuser » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:54 pm

genie would have to verify but i think the variation is just because there are a bunch of servers working on a bunch of leagues, and it just comes down to if your league is among the first or the last in line to get done. and i'm pretty sure the 'where is my league in line?' question won't apply. what i don't think is up for debate is that waivers start processing across all yahoo leagues shortly after midnight PT
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: What time do Yahoo waivers clear?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:40 pm

mbuser wrote:genie would have to verify but i think the variation is just because there are a bunch of servers working on a bunch of leagues, and it just comes down to if your league is among the first or the last in line to get done. and i'm pretty sure the 'where is my league in line?' question won't apply. what i don't think is up for debate is that waivers start processing across all yahoo leagues shortly after midnight PT

I was sort of enjoying watching the speculation, but since Buser spoiled some of the fun, I'll open the kimono and give you some idea what actually is going on. :-D

We can't start doing updates until we have the official data from the previous day. In the preseason, this is not really much of a variable. It can be a significant variable once the season starts.

No waiver claims are processed until the data has been processed/leagues have been updated. Some leagues alter waiver priority based on reverse standings, for instance, so they would need to update their league standings before processing waivers.

At the point where all the data is in, and all leagues updated, then a bunch of machines start processing transactions for a bunch of leagues. Having lots of customers is tough sometimes ;-) When you get processed depends on which server gets assigned your league, where you happen to fall in its queue for the day, and (to a small extent) how much work it has to do processing the leagues before you.

Short version: in most cases, it probably starts shortly after midnight pacific, and finishes sometime within a few hours of that. Trying to speculate more specifically than that is pretty futile. But has made for interesting reading ;-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers