Just finished drafting. howd i do?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just finished drafting. howd i do??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just finished drafting. howd i do??

Postby cameronp29 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:42 pm

I took over a last place team and you'll see why it was in a sec. its a 16 team h2h league. we keep 12 players. i had the first pick in the draft. il post my team and where i drafted everybody. we score by category and its weekly scoring. but we can change our lineup daily. 7x7 scoring

C Kurt Suzuki(96)
1B Travis Hafner(keeper)
2B Ian Kinsler(keeper)
3B Adrian Beltre(keeper)
SS Khalil Greene(keeper)
OF Bobby Abreu(1)
OF Delmon Young(keeper)
OF Jose Guillen(128)
U Kevin Kouzmanoff(32)
U Michael Cuddyer(keeper)
P Jeff Francis(keeper)
P Jered Weaver(keeper)
P Adam Wainwright(keeper)
P Gil Meche(keeper)
P Brian Bannister(97)
P Todd Jones(keeper)

Bench

Felix Pie(keeper)
Adam Jones(kept as minor leaguer)
Joe Crede(181)
Jason Bartlett(161)
John Danks(192)
Aaron Cook(172)
Scott Olsen(104)
Jeremy Guthrie(129)

I will also be drafting Carlos Gomez with my first pick in the Minors draft hoping he becomes a Carl Crawford type down the road.

Whats do you think about this team?? What are some more specific areas i need to work on besides everything.lol
cameronp29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just finished drafting. howd i do??

Postby chris8 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:18 am

It's not terrible, but you're clearly missing top level talent. Hafner & Abreu are your best hitters, and they might be 3rd-rounders in a 16-team league, but no better than that. You've got a number of decent mid-round hitters, but your pitching definitely needs some work!

The real problem is that I am struggling to see where you could work a trade, because you don't seem to have anything to spare at any positions. So improving in one area will make your team worse somewhere else.

The one exception is at 3B, where, in a 16-teamer, I would be quite happy with KK as my starter. Maybe you could combine Beltre with another player to get an upgrade? Is there a team with, say, Scott Rolen as their starting 3B? They might be willing to trade for Beltre.

Have to say, though, this looks like a rebuilding year for you! Don't be afraid, at the halfway stage, to trade some of your better players for stud prospects if you're out of the running. Good luck!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby cameronp29 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:25 am

yea thats what i plan on doing. ima try to hold onto my core young guys. Weaver, Kinsler, A.Jones, Pie, Young, Carlos Gomez(when i draft him), and hopefully some of my minors can turn out. I will look to trade T.Jones about half way thru theres some teams that told me they would trade with me if i was out of contention because there weak on closers. so i just need him to start off hot.
cameronp29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby chris8 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:31 am

cameronp29 wrote:yea thats what i plan on doing. ima try to hold onto my core young guys. Weaver, Kinsler, A.Jones, Pie, Young, Carlos Gomez(when i draft him), and hopefully some of my minors can turn out. I will look to trade T.Jones about half way thru theres some teams that told me they would trade with me if i was out of contention because there weak on closers. so i just need him to start off hot.

Good plan, especially as he's quite likely to lose his job when Zumaya's back.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team