Any holes in a 10 team H2H dynasty? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Any holes in a 10 team H2H dynasty?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any holes in a 10 team H2H dynasty?

Postby TheWrightStuff » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:23 pm

This is year 3 and I've gone from 6th to 3rd in 2 seasons. Wanted to know if you guys see any holes.

Dynasty 10 Team H2H
(35 IP Mininum, Must have 4 MLB eligible SP's and RP's in at all times. The SP's don't need to be starting. This is just to prevent teams from throwing out 8 relievers.)

These are the stats:
R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, CS, BB, K, AVG
W, L, SV, BSV, H, ER, BB, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

And my roster:
C: R. Martin
1B: J. Morneau
2B: C. Utley
3B: D. Wright
SS: T. Tulowitzki
OF: M. Kemp, N. Markakis, C. Hart, H. Pence
Util: C. Guillen, N. Swisher
BN: M. Bourn, C. Maybin

SP: C. Hamels, C. Zambrano, M. Cain. J. Shields
RP: J.J. Putz, J. Soria, B. Wilson, K. Gregg,
BN: J. Maine, B. Myers, E. Vólquez, J. Chamberlain
Last edited by TheWrightStuff on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." Tom Seaver
TheWrightStuff
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any holes in a 10 team H2H dynasty?

Postby bacdahelup » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:06 pm

I guess when it's only 10 teams, everyone is loaded. That's why I can't say a bad word about
your roster. Bourn and Maybin will pay off so you will always have a good OF to trade when
necessary to fill an injury spot
bacdahelup
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheWrightStuff » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:13 pm

bacdahelup wrote:I guess when it's only 10 teams, everyone is loaded. That's why I can't say a bad word about
your roster. Bourn and Maybin will pay off so you will always have a good OF to trade when
necessary to fill an injury spot

You'd be shocked. There are only two other teams that I'd say are good right now. I've held onto a majority of these guys for two years and just waited. A few guys just never do their homework on prospects.
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." Tom Seaver
TheWrightStuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Prooks25 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:35 pm

I like your team a lot...I guess if you have one "hole" it would be inexperience in your OF. With that said, all those guys have the potential to be huge this year.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby nyrblue2 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Looks damn good. Nice job building around youth. A lot of them have already hit the big time and you should be set for many years. A couple things though.

1) It would be nice if you could get a young infielder for your UTIL or bench. Not that Utley or Wright should miss many games this year, but you are overstocked in OF and it would be nice to have a fill-in for their off-days. Even Guillen should start declining soon, leaving you without a solid backup SS.

2) In my opinion, hitters are WAY more important than pitchers in your league. Even though the categories are even, there are 2 negative hitting cats (CS and K), but there are 4 negative pitching cats (L,BSV,H,BB,ER). I think you'd be best off running with just 4 starters, and either 4 or 5 relievers, then getting extra hitters, hoping to fill in on your off days. Obviously, you might not get as many K's with so few pitchers, but you could still compete in W and you would have a much smaller chance of racking up the negative stats. Maybe you could work out a trade or 2 to decrease your amount of pitchers, while getting good value at offense.

Any thoughts on mine?

viewtopic.php?t=327478
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Emerald8h » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Thats the type of team I would draft, I see no holes. I like the excellent IF with the young OF. Thats what I've been doing this year.
Emerald8h
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheWrightStuff » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:10 pm

nyrblue2 wrote:Looks damn good. Nice job building around youth. A lot of them have already hit the big time and you should be set for many years. A couple things though.

1) It would be nice if you could get a young infielder for your UTIL or bench. Not that Utley or Wright should miss many games this year, but you are overstocked in OF and it would be nice to have a fill-in for their off-days. Even Guillen should start declining soon, leaving you without a solid backup SS.

2) In my opinion, hitters are WAY more important than pitchers in your league. Even though the categories are even, there are 2 negative hitting cats (CS and K), but there are 4 negative pitching cats (L,BSV,H,BB,ER). I think you'd be best off running with just 4 starters, and either 4 or 5 relievers, then getting extra hitters, hoping to fill in on your off days. Obviously, you might not get as many K's with so few pitchers, but you could still compete in W and you would have a much smaller chance of racking up the negative stats. Maybe you could work out a trade or 2 to decrease your amount of pitchers, while getting good value at offense.

Any thoughts on mine?

viewtopic.php?t=327478

If I were to move, say Brett Myers, what would you think would be fair 1 for 1 value on him. I am not going to move Maine he looks like a great 3 and a good two right now.
TheWrightStuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NittanyLions1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:56 pm

I say you stay put with that team...great young players with tons of upside...the same way I won it last year. Good luck
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team