Advice on certain league settings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Advice on certain league settings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Advice on certain league settings

Postby warrick95 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:03 pm

Hey y'all, I'm used to playing 5X5. But, I'm doing a bit of a different league this year with some guys. Here are the scoring rules:

Hitting: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, K, AVG, OPS
Pitching: W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Now, personally, I hate playing with things like Ls for pitchers and Ks for hitters, but it ain't my league. Any advice for a league like this? On first glance, it seems like hitters have the advantage because of the one extra category. So, would it be wise to go after hitters first?

Next, I'm not too familiar with the OPS category. Who are some guys that are strong in both SLG and OBP? Also, it appears almost parodixical how the categories are made. I mean, a lot of bigtime sluggers wiff an awful lot of times. Who are some K masters (on the hitting side) to avoid. I know Soriano of course, but who are others?

Thanks.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:08 pm

Offensive categories outnumber pitching, so hitters would have the advantage as they can win you more categories. Having hits and AVG as categories is redundant as they both measure the same thing. This will make guys who have high averages more valuable. Guys who can hit for power and high average will be very valuable as they will give you 6 categories.
"How's the smut business, Jackie?"
Jackie Treehorn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers