BN: Micah Owings
BN: Jair Jurrjens
BN: Shawn Hill

MiLB: Clay Buchholz
MiLB: Rick Porcello
MiLB: Fernando Martinez
MiLB: Matt Antonelli
MiLB: Angel Villalona

My impressions of my team is quite happy, especially for the future. Offense is made up of most of the players I wanted - 5 tool guys: Upton, Granderson, Gordon, Young, Drew - with a few big bits inbetween: Pujols, Ordonez, Dunn. Problem may be in Avg, with Drew/Gordon/Dunn, but hopefully Drew/Gordon increase theirs.

Starting pitching I think is obviously my weak point, but it isn't horrible. I can promote Buchholz at any time to provide some more depth.

I love my MiLB squad, although some are somewhat distant.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Cafe Dynasty Team

Postby Montana168 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:36 pm

just curious, what pick did you have? (i'm doing a first year dynasty team as well this weekend)

you do have some solid young guys in young, upton, and gordon. but i think you are too unbalanced. those guys along with drew are somewhat raw players excluding young and upton and probably won't produce that much this year yet. but then you have them surrounded with older guys. in case you weren't aware, pujols has an elbow problem and he is going to require surgery some day which means he will miss an entire season and that season could come this year or next year, so i hope you didn't spend a high first pick on him. also johjima is 35, ordonez is 34. also i don't mean to diss ya man, but your pitching is fairly weak as well. i take it you probably spent a high pick on hughes. vasquez, hughes, and wang are not a very solid top 3, and i am not a fan of aj burnett at all when is that last time he had a full successful non-injured season?
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:46 pm

Offensively, I like the mix in upside. As you said, you'll probably hit into dips with the average with Pujols and Maggs really your only true supports in BA, but other than that, not a bad group and if Gordon, Drew, and/or Delmon pan out, more power to you.

Your pitching lacks depth in quality, but it's something I wouldn't stress about now. It's likely that your high-upside guys in Gordon/Drew/Delmon aren't going to fetch you the best possible value today and especially for the future. I probably would try to sell high on Granderson or Maggs, but really there's no point when you can't get a bid on Santana or Peavy.

I like your farm as well, but I'm not that crazy about Antonelli in the 4th if you're starting from scratch, as I believe you should stock up most on high upside guys and Antonelli is probably an Aaron Hill type at best. I think you made up for it with the Villalona pick though.

viewtopic.php?t=327540

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:22 am

Thanks for the thoughtful analysis TAD. The only thing I might disagree with is your assessment of Antonelli. He has a more similar skill-set to Ian Kinsler, except he has better plate discipline. At Petco his power numbers will be slightly diminished, but I easily see him becoming a 20/25+ guy, leading off or hitting second. I actively targeted him with that 4th round pick. I wanted the top 2B MiLB prospect since Upton will be losing that 2B eligibility soon.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team