Reed Johnson/Shannon Stewart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Reed Johnson/Shannon Stewart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Reed Johnson/Shannon Stewart

Postby Jaysfan84 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:13 am

This probably only applies for the deepest of leagues, or AL-only leagues, but it is looking more and more that Stewart has a good chance taking over Reed's spot from what I have heard on the radio from spring training reports down in Dunedin. Of course they will both platoon with Stairs, but Stewart could have some value as a 4th or 5th OF in AL-only leagues and could likely be had very cheap.
Jaysfan84
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Reed Johnson/Shannon Stewart

Postby tmlfan4ever » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:58 pm

He is obviously very solid in BA and could score some runs depending on where he hits.

With Janssen going down earlier this week, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jays shop Reed Johnson to turn some of that LF depth into another arm for the back end of the rotation. If so, Stewart obviously gets more playing time. Remember, Stewart hits equally as well against lefties and righties so he's not ideally suited for a platoon. I could forsee Stairs struggling and Stewart taking some significant ABs out of the LF position. Then again, ask yourself what you're going to get? Maybe some runs and a solid BA, but not much in terms of power or speed. You as a Jays fan know that this team does not run.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates