Manny Ramirez & 'The Secret' - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny Ramirez & 'The Secret'

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Manny Ramirez & 'The Secret'

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:37 pm

I've always heard about The Secret, but all I knew was it was just for those folks who believed they could stop smoking, cold turkey, if they finished the book. I don't smoke and so I never picked it up. :-b

As Rugby said, it's harder to stay durable when you're in your mid-to-late 30's, but Manny's typically a guy who doesn't put his body to great duress. He's not the type who will go the extra mile all that often in the outfield and the basepaths. I think last year's nagging injuries put a downer to his usual reliability, health-wise, but seeing that he's more fit this Spring and coming off a very good postseason, Manny could return to form.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pochucker » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Lets say the book "works" -- now the question becomes "what does Manny want?" And thats a scary thought!
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Pochucker wrote:Lets say the book "works" -- now the question becomes "what does Manny want?" And thats a scary thought!

:-b :-D Agreed.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby gatorgreenwell » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:21 pm

That book is a load of garbage for gullible idiots. It just cherry picks and recycles very old ideas from other religions and puts it in a book and presents it as some great philosophy. 'If you want something, just think about it and it will come to you.' Gee, really surprising that that kind of 'philosophy' appeals to people. Get whatever you want just by thinking about it. It figures that Manny likes it. It's a book for lazy asses. I'm not trying to cause a stir but something like this comes around every so often (anyone remember the Celestine Prophecy?). I skimmed a copy of 'The Secret' and I can pretty much sum up the main point of it in one word: karma. Real original, except 'the secret' tries to take it further by attempting to put some kind of scientific basis behind its claims. Of course there is no such basis, no proof, no experiments, no scientific references--nothing.
gatorgreenwell
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RugbyD » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:07 pm

gatorgreenwell wrote:That book is a load of garbage for gullible idiots. It just cherry picks and recycles very old ideas from other religions and puts it in a book and presents it as some great philosophy. 'If you want something, just think about it and it will come to you.' Gee, really surprising that that kind of 'philosophy' appeals to people. Get whatever you want just by thinking about it. It figures that Manny likes it. It's a book for lazy asses. I'm not trying to cause a stir but something like this comes around every so often (anyone remember the Celestine Prophecy?). I skimmed a copy of 'The Secret' and I can pretty much sum up the main point of it in one word: karma. Real original, except 'the secret' tries to take it further by attempting to put some kind of scientific basis behind its claims. Of course there is no such basis, no proof, no experiments, no scientific references--nothing.

you've convinced me to lower my GP target to 110 :-b
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby mweir145 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:34 pm

This book looks like pseudoscience to me.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby smokin' Aces » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:48 pm

if everyone heard about this book it would no longer be a secret now would it?
smokin' Aces
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Gepfar » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:13 pm

thedude wrote:Let's be serious, there is no way Manny is going to finish reading that whole book. I mean its what 200 pages, that is a lot of time for manny to sit still and read.

;-D This guy gets it.
Gep
Gepfar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers