Defending Champ in competitive $$$ league WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Defending Champ in competitive $$$ league WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Defending Champ in competitive $$$ league WHIR

Postby Surrender2theYankees » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:08 am

This is a 12 team 5X5 roto league. I had the 6th pick.

C-Joe Mauer
1B-Albert Pujols
2B-Ty Wigginton
3B-David Wright
SS-Rafael Furcal
OF-Jason Bay
OF-Lance Berkman
OF-Jonny Damon
Util-Derek Lee
Util-Kosuke Fukudome
Bench-Michael Bourne
Bench-Adam LaRoche

SP-John Lackey
SP-Tim Lincecum
RP-Eric Gagne
RP-Jason Isringhausen
P-Heath Bell
P-Joe Borowski
P-AJ Burnett
Bench-Brett Myers
Bench-Jered Weaver
Bench-Kevin Slowey

What do you guys think???
Surrender2theYankees
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Defending Champ in competitive $$$ league WHIR

Postby Taters » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:29 am

How competitive can it be if Pujols or Wright drop to pick number 18? I need to play for cash with this group, like shooting fish in a bucket. !+) The ADP on Wright is 3.5 and Pujols is 10, wow. 8-o But that is beside the point.
Your team offense looks good. I like Ty at second, and good speed at every postion. Sometimes it better to have a bunch of guys getting 10-20 steals, than one guy getting 60. Starting pitching looks good, but the back half of the rotation looks a bit weak and inj prone. I would look to try and grab the next best closer you can. Check out the closer thread in here, it will give you an idea at who to look for. ;-D
Image<thanks alec03
Move over Mantle and Maris, the new blood is here!!
Taters
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby gismes » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:22 pm

I think Pujols is showing so high is because of autodrafts. He was taken 4th in our league by a team that didn't show, everyone there agreed that 3rd or 4th round would be a better place for him. He's gimpy as hell this season and if the Cards are out of the race by the break (very likely) expect to see him shut down and under the knife. My advice is trade him now while he still has value. I bet you could get a top notch starter or closer for him. I would also look for a bigger outfield bat, Damon is washed up, Bay needs to get out of Pittsburgh and get some lineup protection, and Berkman.... I've just never been a fan of Lance but he's the best of the 3. Fukudome should rake in Chicago. Curious as to who got picked before Wright.....
gismes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Surrender2theYankees » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Good stuff from both of you guys. Pujols scares me a lot. I really do think he's going to get shut down midseason, but he fell to me 19th overall in the 2nd round. I'm planning on dishing him off after a couple of months of triple crown production for a starter/closer type return, since my offense is pretty good.

As far as pitching goes, I know there will be someone to pick up via free agency, so as long as I'm active, I'll be fine.
Surrender2theYankees
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bracesj » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:44 pm

I dunno about Albert Pujols either. I was watching Sportscenter yesterday morning, and they were talking about how he is refusing to get surgery on his elbow. If I were an owner of Albert Pujols, I would be worried about him injuring his elbow more severely. That's the only thing I'd be cautious of, other than that, your team is fast and your pitching staff is pretty decent. Not really liking the Eric Gagne pick up though. You should get someone like Okajima for that RP position instead.
bracesj
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team